Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi! First time here :-)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm 

Hello everyone. I'm 26 year old female, I have 2 daughters ages 2 and 4. I'm engaged to my boyfriend of 5 years and I was diagnosed last year with BPD. Along with that I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, ptsd and adhd. What a frightening diagnosis that was.
I've always ben depressed and have been on antidepressants sense I was 14 however over the years I just always felt there was something much more. I'm here because I feel like this is really effecting my job. I've been fired or quit without notice at least 8 jobs. After 2 years of trying to get a job I finally landed the one I have now. I've been there 18 Months. I find it hard to concentrate and feel overwhelmed all the time. I find my self dreading going, and its not a bad job either. I'm also wondering what med s have helped others and if others have difficulty working.

Post subject: Re: Hi! First time here :-)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:17 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi there, Water - glad you found us!

For what it's worth, whenever I'm finding it hard to concentrate, it turns out that I've got a lot of stuff going in my subconscious and sooner or later, I get some sort of breakthrough moment of clarity where something that'd been bugging me finally makes sense or I know what needs to be done next or something similar to that.

That doesn't mean that's what's going on with you. Your inability to concentrate may be a side effect of medications. A lack of sleep. A change in your routine. Even a food allergy. There are countless things that can impact our concentration.

I've been on Wellbutrin for like ten years now and love it. I still get the times when I can't concentrate or times when I don't wanna work in general but overall, I usually have more highly-productive times than not. My work history was much like yours and I've been at this current job for 8 years as of last month.

Welcome to BPDR! I look forward to getting to know you better around here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 am 

Hi WH. Welcome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:06 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hello there, welcome :)

18 months is long, and I encourage you to keep at it :)

perhaps what you need is a mood stabilizer to help you deal with your overwhelming feelings?

For me, I don't feel like going to work. Every morning I have to like drag myself to work...