Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to the forum :)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 pm 

Hello everyone, I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with BPD about a year ago. I knew there was something wrong with me because I would always cry and be depressed most of the time. I grew up in an physically abusive home. I feared my father terribly because he was an alcoholic and would beat me all the time. As I grew older I craved the fatherly love which led me to marry a man 15 years older than me at the time I was 16, hence the name moonlight1631. He was 31 years old, loving, caring and helped my family in any way possible when we were in need. This led me to feel tremendous gratitude towards him and so I married him. I remained married for 9 years in which I was so unhappy because we were so different and I did not love him. He also physically abused me. Finally on August 2008, I gathered the courage to leave him for good and in October 28, 2008 my divorce was final. It was at that time that I started to focus on myself and sought happiness however I would always jeopardize my relationships because I felt unworthy of being happy since I never really knew what that felt like. A while shortly after my divorce I met my fiance now. He is a great man and decided to marry me despite my diagnosis. He attends my sessions at times and accepts me for who I am. I would always cause conflicts with him because I felt he did not give me attention. I learned throughout my BPD journey that I am very needy for attention and have recognized to stop arguing. To me, BPD is a battle every single day. I feel that my fiance will get sick of me and not marry me, at times. We are soon to be married in November and I constantly ask him if he is sure he wants to tie the not because of my insecurities. I hope to improve and eventually get rid of BPD.

Post subject: Re: New to the forum :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:18 pm 

Hi ML. Welcome.

Sorry if it's kinda dead here.
Glad you're here. Dig in the forums.

Peaces,
Stranjer