Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm coming back
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hello everyone!
It's been a long time since I've been here. I didn't want to come around if I didn't have anything useful to offer. How silly is that - leave your support group because you need support? Enough of that. I'm back and will try to make regular appearances, both for my own health and the health of the board.

John and I got married almost two years ago and it's going well. OK, our relationship is going well. Life is a mixed bag. He's been sober for over two years and is really making strides with his DID management. He still hasn't found a job and money is tight. We have a custody sharing arrangement that finally got child support off his back. Now the kids are here for a week at a time (says the woman who never wanted children).

My dad is in a nursing home due to ongoing dementia complicated by a stroke - he's probably there for good. He's still in there - he can be very clear and direct if he doesn't have to think about it. The minute he starts thinking he gets all fuzzy and confused. That's been really hard. My dad was a funny, intelligent, insightful man and it's been quite a shock...now he's in a t-shirt and diapers, eating mush and staring blankly at the world...

I don't have a therapist anymore. I was seeing a lady whom I really liked, but she got sick and had to cut most of her patient list. Since I'm relatively stable, that included me. I tried someone else until the insurance covered visits ran out. Now I'm on my own with my local support groups and friends.

And I guess that's part of why I'm here. I need help and I'm finally ready to seek it. I'm functional on a day to day level - I get up and go to work and go to my AA meetings and get things done. I just don't feel solid. Functional is good, but stable would be better. I still have and use all my tools and I get by, but I get tired of the mood swings and black thoughts and anxiety. I need a place to share about this stuff where people might understand.

I can't be here all the time, but I will try to come on three days a week, on my lunch hour. I suspect I'll be more frequent than that, but I'd rather commit to less and succeed than commit to more and flake out.
I love you guys...

Post subject: Re: I'm coming back
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:50 am 

Hi! I am new to the board and I am glad to say that I know how you feel. I get through day by day telling myself others are going through worst than I am. Somehow it makes he strong and I essentially force myself to get out of the feeling. I am successful sometimes but for the most part it is a constant struggle. Positivity is what keeps me going. Again, I know how you feel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am 

Hi Minx. You don't know me but welcome back! I've read a couple of your posts and look forward to reading more in the future.

Peaces,
Stranjer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Yay! Minx! {{{hugs}}} I haven't been around much lately myself, so don't feel bad. I'm happy to see you!