Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am angry now.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 pm 

I just posted here, but the computer froze up. It was quite a long-winded post, too... Sigh, i guess i'll make it quick this time. I'm 19 and fit almost every bit of bpd diagnostic criteria. I live with an extremely emotionally distant family (my aunt, uncle, and two cousins) and no longer have any friends to speak of. Before living here, i had friends, wrote poetry, and lived in a drug/alcohol induced haze. Those were my only outlets for the magnified emotions I have felt since i was 12 or 13 years old. So now I feel completely alone, i have no one i can trust or confide in and that is what i hope to find here. I dont have a lot more to say, so i guess i will save it. But i would be overjoyed to hear anything, from anyone at this point.

One last thing, i can only get on the computer during the week, so any replies made this weekend i will read from my PS3. Any replies i make from that will be rather short. Now i just gotta hope i will have someone to reply to.

Later people.

Post subject: Re: I am angry now.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:01 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi Facade and welcome!

I have felt completely alone many times during my life (I'm a bit older than you ;) ). I didn't know about BPD until I was in my late 20's, so you have a great opportunity. You know what your issues are and you can start to work on them. I didn't feel I was truly in recovery until I was in my 30's. I wish I'd heard about bpd when I was 19.

Do you have access to therapy? Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can be very helpful to deal with the crap we go through on a daily basis.

Please post whenever you feel like it. You're not alone.

Trinity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:18 am 

Welcome. :)

I remember my late teens being pretty rough too.

It sounds like emotions have been kind of taboo in your family, and yours are aching to be heard, safely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:19 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Facade,

Welcome to you. This is a wonderful place to talk. We all are currently experienced or have in the past experienced the emotions you're feeling now.

dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm 

Hi Facade,

Welcome.
These r all tough things. I think many of us here share some or all of your feelings and experiences. You're more the welcome to post how it is you feel.
It may come out as awkward but having the knowledge of your feelings and what position you're in is a beginning for a new chapter. Especially if you're a teenager. That's not meant to be condescending but many of us haven't figured much out till we're much older (e.g. I didnt find out why I feel and as I do till recently, @ 35... While I had these feelings since I was about 5).
Stay tough ad I'm sure we'll do our best to help u on your travel down this road towards recovery.

Peaces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 pm 

Hi and welcome, i'm new on here too :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:49 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hey there facade

first of all, welcome onboard :)

are you currently in therapy or something? just curious to know :)

this site is great to work on recovery :) hang around here and you'll discover that :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:56 am 

Welcome fellow newbster! I think it's awesome when someone younger realizes they should take the reigns and strive towards recovery, so major kudos to you! :D