Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scared.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:32 am 

Hi. I'm new. Almost 12 years ago, I was diagnosed with depression. About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Right now, my diagnosis is swinging between Bipolar and BPD.

It took me a year after my first and only true manic (euphoric) episode to come around to the idea that it was probably accurate. I still had a hard time with it because my moods are far more volatile than textbook Bipolar cycles, but began to accept it since there was finally some shred of "proof" to back it up.

This past week, I started an intensive outpatient program for a depressive episode I'm going through and it was mentioned by my pdoc that we very well may be dealing with BPD, either instead of Bipolar or in conjunction with it. I decided to look it up. I cried. Why? Because what I found described me. And because there is no antidote. I haven't gotten the official, "yep, you're screwed," but it fits me so much more than Bipolar that it's not even funny.

Anyway, that's all. I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope.

Post subject: Re: Scared.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:30 am 
Community Member
Community Member

hey there
welcome onboard :)

there is plenty of hope dear. lots of people have recoverd. Tami Green, A.j. Mahari, Rachel Reiland, and so on....

Post subject: Re: Scared.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:50 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Eternalflux,

Just realizing that you have these problems is the first step in getting well, and staying well. If you have the determination to do the work necessary, recovery is yours. It is, however, hard work and one heck of a journey on a bumpy road at times.

Dagwood