Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A new year, another beginning
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 am 

As many of us make resolutions, I'll attempt to climb onto this Welcome Wagon intending to carry my BPD baggage a bit better this year. Things seem to be slipping more each year, or maybe my cover is just wearing thin.

It took me a long time to seek help because I internalized almost all of my desperation. I finally began treatment a few years ago and identify with the "acting in" or "quiet BPD" type. I'm now 26 and fresh out of the hospital (again).

I am working with plenty of clinicians in my own journey, but am looking forward to walking alongside some kindred spirits, of sorts, here.

Post subject: Re: A new year, another beginning
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:30 am 

Hi. I'm not fresh out of the hospital, but it was recent enough. I'm still evaluating if it did me any good. =/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm 

I went to the hospital in December, got out on Christmas Eve. I dont think it did me any good at all. Last year I went a total of 7 times, and on New years I pretty much had a meltdown by screaming at everyone and anyone that got in my way. I should have went to the hospital then. I haven't had any luck with my mind this year, it seems to be going down the drain more and more every day and I dont know what to do. But I wish you the best of luck. I am only 20. And to top it all off, I might be pregnant and the father doesnt want me to have the baby.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:32 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome Rachel,

I'm glad you have found your way here, and that you can perhaps get some insight into how your thinking and behaviors do not serve you well in your everyday functioning. Are you on any medications or in any kind of therapy?

There is no miracle cure for bpd, just a lot of hard work and you need lots of motivation.

You say you "might" be pregnant.....when will you know for sure? do YOU want the baby?

dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:27 pm 

dagwood wrote:
Welcome Rachel,

I'm glad you have found your way here, and that you can perhaps get some insight into how your thinking and behaviors do not serve you well in your everyday functioning. Are you on any medications or in any kind of therapy?

There is no miracle cure for bpd, just a lot of hard work and you need lots of motivation.

You say you "might" be pregnant.....when will you know for sure? do YOU want the baby?

dagwood

I'm currently on topomax, effexor, vistiral, and trazadone. And I'm in DBT.

And I'll know for sure about the pregnancy either tomorrow or wednesday. and I do want the baby. but i dont know if i can take care of it by myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Rachael,

Is there someone who could help you with the baby? Mother, sister, close friend?

Dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 am 

close friends. my mother wants nothing to do with it, and i have no sisters. i'm trying to find help to get a place to live and to help take care of the baby and stuff, i just found a place called birthright.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

((((((((Rachel))))))))))))))