Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello; learning to understand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm 

Hello to all;

I am 46, and a co dependant , soon to be X-Wife, of a husband who was diagnosed bi-polar, but has more of the BPD traits.

We had a three year relationship, with the last two being married. Stood by him through his year of drug abuse, the bi-polar, the suicide, and the extreme rages. He left me in Nov. 2011.

From that I have learned so much about myself, about being co-dependant. And I have learned so very much about BPD. I have been to many of the other sites as well, only to find that “nons” are not welcome, or there is no compassion for the people suffering with a disorder they had no choice in. I have a huge amount of compassion for my husband and any other person suffering. Yet as a “non” I still have questions.

For myself I am working on my co-dependency. Setting boundaries, and learning that I am a good person, worthy of some ones love , a love without verbal or mental abuse. I want to learn more.

Thank you.
K

Post subject: Re: Hello; learning to understand
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:12 am 

Hi K

I am new as well. I am hoping to find answers as well, only from the other perspective. I have BPD. Maybe we can help each other....