Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am 

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I'm in therapy for BPD and learning DBT skills. Medication doesn't help, no easy fixes here. I love the tools and dialectics on this site.

I'm burned out, and I've felt so for quite some time.

I've had... a difficult life. Not just because of the BPD. I've been sexually abused since I was eight. The only person I could ever count on to support and accept me as I was, my husband, died six years ago when I was 25. I have fibromyalgia.

There never seems to be enough me just to answer the daily pressures of life -- much less the additional pressures of people who come and go in my life and seem to know just where all my buttons are.

All day, every day I read self-help and recovery books, articles, and websites and I write like I'm possessed. It never seems to be enough to make me feel better. Or more stable. I feel exhausted. It's kind of demoralizing, too, that no one in my life has any hope of understanding what this is like. I can't even explain it to myself. The closest description I can think of is 'dark night of the soul.' But it's gone on for more than a year and a half now...

Sorry, I'm long-winded.

~VelvetLady

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 am 
Community Member
Community Member

hey there velvet lady

hugs to you

maybe that's the key - you are reading on recovery ALL DAY LONG. it's tiring, i mean working on recovery is tiring. How bout finding something worthwhile to do with your time, like doing charity, or doing a work that you enjoy?

I"m not asking you to stop doing recovery, but doing recovery all day long is definitely exhausting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm 

:) Thanks meremortal... I have thought long about your suggestion and started working on incorporating things into my days that aren't full-blown must-recover-now type things. It's scary, I'm overwhelmed by a lot of emotions and just saying, "I will set this aside and deal with it later, I need a break" is scary in ways I can't describe.

Thank you.

~VelvetLady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi Velvet Lady, Love your name,btw

Welcome----so glad you've found your way here.

dagwood