Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 pm 

Hello out there. I am a proactive person who continually challenges myself to get better all the time. I have confronted a lot of issues successfully, but some things just tend to stick with me.

Right now, I feel like I face a lot of challenges that are characteristics of BPD. I am not diagnosed. I have a life coach (MSW), but I can't afford my therapist, who is the one who told me about BPD in the first place. (No diagnosis, but she told me that I might learn a lot from tools for BPD, because I have trouble with social interactions and putting a container around my emotions.) I am not on any kind of medication. I am even caffeine free. I guess a few drinks a week classify of some kind of medication. I have those for sure.

I think the tools on this site are awesome. I have learned a lot already, and I feel like I have only scratched the surface. I am going to try and do some journalling and use some of the tools that suit themselves to that.

Besides that, I'd just like to interact with some of you about what I learn. I'm a wife in her thirties with two kids.

The big event driving me to all this work is that recently one of my closest friendships ended in a very messy and insulting way. I am still just so mad and angry about it every day. Trying to find ways to stay positive and cope.

I hope to provide some positive encouragement for others. I have already seen so many posts from people facing a lot of hard times. All the best to everyone.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hey Blink --

Hope you're still around -- welcome!! The tools are awesome and can really help, even if you aren't in therapy. Ask away if you have any questions about them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm 

Great site! I'm a mother of 3 and also in my thirties, newly diagnosed......I wish I would have known sooner, however I too Qm determined and motivativated to get control of my emotions, they run my life! Not always, just in times of severe stress and anxiety. I can usually contain them but still have some ocd and impulsiveness and other issues. But so thankful to have an understanding of how my mind works.
I feel less lonely here also.
I really hope toy find things and people here to help you through this journey. You sound strong!
All the best to you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hey BlinkBlink,

Hope you're still around! Welcome....lots of wonderful people here all dealing with bpd.

dagwood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 am 

Thanks so much for the welcomes. I'm still here! So nice to have this opportunity. Hope to read and post elsewhere later today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I'm glad!

dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:03 pm 

love the positivity! glad to get to know some good people really looking to better themselves!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 am 

I'm glad you found your way here! Welcome. I've already some progress since coming earlier this month and I hope you can do the same. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."