Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am finally ready for help.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

After dozens and dozens of suicide attempts, hospitalizations, meds, psychiatrists, therapists, and diagnoses I have finally accepted that BPD is my primary diagnoses. Although I have symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other disorders I believe that BPD is the source of many of these symptoms. I got drunk a few weeks ago and cut myself worse than I intended. I guess in my drunken state I didn't realize how deep I was going. Too afraid to go to the er and be involuntarily committed I convinced my boyfriend (also drunk) to stitch it. The next morning I felt so disgusted with myself and so sick of doing this to myself I made a decision tp seek help. Hopefully this website can do that. I ready and willing.

Post subject: Re: I am finally ready for help.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm 

This is a great place to work on your problems and seek understanding. I'm glad you found us. Please look around the board and make yourself at home.

I'm sorry about your cutting episode. I don't cut. I drink. I tried giving it up for two days but went back to it as I'm not ready.

You have no judgement to fear here. Only support and understanding. Make yourself at home.

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome sanboeufl,

People here understand the kinds of things you've been through. Recovery is definitely possible with a lot of hard work and determination....so stick around and post whenever and wherever you like.

I used to do a good bit of wrist cutting myself.....more as a way to punish myself for being such an awful person as that was how I thought of myself. In fact, I've still got a lot of the scars....always a reminder of a bad and very stressful part of my life, but it's also a part of my past. Hopefully soon what you're going through now will be part of your past once and for all.

dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 am 

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Right now I really need that kind of validation. It is so nice to have someone to talk to who understands. For so long I felt like I was alone in my suffering. For once I don't feel like a crazy person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Nope, you're definitely not alone

((((((Sanboeufl))))))

dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 am 

Sanboeufl wrote:
Thanks so much for the encouragement. Right now I really need that kind of validation. It is so nice to have someone to talk to who understands. For so long I felt like I was alone in my suffering. For once I don't feel like a crazy person.

Sanboeufl,
No, you're not alone in your suffering, nor in your desire to get well. I hope this forum will be helpful to you; I know that it is for me. Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Dear Sanboeufl
YOu're definitely not alone.

Many here also cut and drink.
I personally don't cut neither do I drink. Though I do struggle with the urge to cut myself.

I struggle with suicidal thoughts too, and just last week, I attempted to hang myself.

Just want you to know that you're not alone, and we're all here for each other.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:55 am 

Hi Sanboeufl,

I cut. I binge drink. I smoke cigarettes and do drugs. I'm bad at making myself eat 3 times a day. I've had at least 7 therapists. Tried at least 10 medications. I have more suicide attempts under my belt than I would ever want to count or admit. You aren't alone.

As long as you don't give up, each day is a step closer to recovery... a chance to make your life just a little bit better. :)