Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I guess it's been a few years...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 am 

I used to be Whispers766 and it's been a few years since I've been here. I felt the need to come back and get some refreshers because I'm still exhibiting some traits such as twisted thinking. This always was a positive board so I know I can find some uplifiting help here.

People in my life know I have BPD but they use it as an excuse for all of my actions/reactions. I get tired of being asked "Did you take your meds today?" Why can't I just have a mood on my own? Other people get moody so why am I not allowed to be moody? I get snapped at so why am I not allowed to be snippy toward others at times? I'm not saying that just because I'm snapped at gives me the right to snap back at others, but I want to know, aren't I allowed to have moods too? This is a big issue in my life.

I've had BPD for 23 years now. I still haven't managed getting therapy but I have insurance now and I plan on seeing a therapist when I get back at the end of April. I no longer can do it on my own. For awhile I stopped believing there was a light at the end of the tunnel but the people I live with have shown me that the light is still there and I want to work toward it. I'd like to at least be able to reduce the dosages of my meds if I can as I'm on pretty high dosages of them now. I know I can do it.

I'm not sure if I'll post a lot in the beginning. I might just read old posts and see what others have to say. I'm looking forward to gaining some more insight as this board was always good for that.

~whispers

Post subject: Re: I guess it's been a few years...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 pm 

Hey Whispers! It is good to hear from you :) I don't post as much anymore, but I'm typically here lurking every now and then. I just wanted to say hi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi Whispers,

I remember you when you had no "0", ha,ha.

Welcome back!!

dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:47 am 

Welcome Whispers,

I'm glad you're back!

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Whispers,

First off, welcome back - glad to see you here!

That said, the BPD label thing can be unfortunate after a while. I *still* get the "have you taken your meds today" thing from my husband sometimes. There are times when I'll tell him "I did but apparently PMS is stronger than the pills." Or maybe "I did and you're still pissing me off." Or a simple "Did YOU?" (even though he doesn't take any pills.) And sometimes it's as simple as "The fact that I took my pills is irrelevant; I'm just genuinely angry with you about XYZ because of ABC."

(And yes, sometimes the answer is "Oh, crap! I totally forgot!" which doesn't help matters, I know.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hey whispers

welcome :) or rather, welcome back :)

I get that a lot too, have you taken your medication? I guess sometimes people just don't know what to say or how to react. So it's easier for them to relate or think that our lack of medication is the reason behind our behaviour.

let us know how your treatment go k?