Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:19 am 

I've been struggling with bpd most of my life. It has such a terrible stigma and yet I see BPD
s as kind, considerate, and sensitive. My fear of abandonment and the terrible depression/anxiety has been triggered because someone recently ended an 8 month relationship with me. I am struggling with suicidal thoughts. I hope to find some support here, because if I do not, I'm toast. I have been to counselors, groups, all kinds of things and nothing has touched the pain I go through when I feel/get abandoned.

Thanks, Librarygoddess

Post subject: Re: New member
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:39 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome, Librarygoddness

Glad you are here! Are you currently in any therapy or on any meds?

Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

librarygoddess

first of all, welcome onboard :)

next, i just want you to know that any relationship break up is stressful even for normal people, what more people like us who suffer from bpd.

so give yourself permission to GRIEVE. you need to GRIEVE over the loss of the relationship. Cry as much as you want. List down all the things that you miss about that someone. List down all the good things in the relationship, as well as the bad. Then cry. Get angry. whatever emotions that surface :)
then, finally move on :)

I just got over the breakup of my friendship with a mentor. it was stressful for me but thank God I'm almost (not fully but almost) over it now.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm 

Hi Library,

I'm really sorry to hear that counselors, groups, and the other methods you have tried have not helped you. Hopefully, we can help take the edge off a little.

Have you considered trying medication in addition to your therapy? It took me at least 10 different meds to find the right one, but finding the right chemical balance can make things a lot easier.

*hug*

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:59 pm 

Also, I worked in a library for a few years at my previous university... it was like a dream come true. :) Glad to see another book lover.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 am 

librarygoddess wrote:
I've been struggling with bpd most of my life. It has such a terrible stigma and yet I see BPD
s as kind, considerate, and sensitive. My fear of abandonment and the terrible depression/anxiety has been triggered because someone recently ended an 8 month relationship with me. I am struggling with suicidal thoughts. I hope to find some support here, because if I do not, I'm toast. I have been to counselors, groups, all kinds of things and nothing has touched the pain I go through when I feel/get abandoned.

Thanks, Librarygoddess

Hi Librarygoddess ... and welcome to the forum! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm 

Hi there! :)
Welcome to the forums! Everyone is pretty nice, I'm sure you will find the support you are looking for here.