Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intro
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am 

Gosh, how do you start an introduction when you already feel like every time you get involved with people you screw it all up. :) Well, I have never been diagnosed, but I have done enough study, had enough therapy, to know I probably very well fit in the BPD category. I am a wife, mother, birthmother, birthdaughter, adoptee in a dysfunctional family with a adopted father suffering from depression, an adopted brother diagnosed bipolar and schizo and the list goes on and on of people in my life that have psych issues.

Anyway, I don't have much of a social support. Of course, everyone I meet I hope to connect with and fix me so that probably does not help much. Imagine they get kind of tired about hearing about my drama, which my life has too much of.

Currently, I am recognizing that I am showing signs of crisis mode. I am overly anxious, overly emotional, but I am getting ready to have a big change go on in life with my own daughter graduating and getting ready to go to college. She is separating and that I think could be the stem of why I am suddenly experiencing symptoms so harshly again. I just want to be better. Looking forward to reading the materials on here. I just don't want to make stupid impulsive decisions anymore.

Well, guess that's enough of an intro for now. Thanks for this site.

Post subject: Re: Intro
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome shannib,

So glad you've found this board.....lots of people here to discuss things with.

dagwood

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:46 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome onboard shannib!

hope to see you around here more often :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 pm 

Hi shannib,

Hopefully we can be a new source of support for you. :)

As a student about to graduate from college (tomorrow, actually), I can tell you that while college does provide a lot of freedoms that I really enjoyed, every student gets homesick and misses mom and dad. For me, the distance actually helped my relationship with my parents.

... plus, home cooked meals. The selection in a cafeteria is nice at first, but boy do I miss some home cooking when I have been away.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 pm 

Welcome to the board, Shannib!

I can definitely understand the anxiety of your daughter going off to college. But it is a very happy occasion, especially if she's going for something she's really interested in. We're all here to offer support for you. :)