Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: not my style
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 pm 

i dont usually participate in forums, but after reading a lot of ur posts i feel compelled to share a little. I've came to a point in my life where im ready for a change. I'm just tired of the never-ending cycle of misery that keeps playing out over and over again in my life. I'm tired of seeing the pain I cause in my fiances eyes day after day because im unable to manage my emotions. I was diagnosed with BPD five years ago during hospitalization for a suicide attempt.Didnt really pay the diagnosis any attention due to the fact that at the time i felt like a lab rat for the prescription drug industry after years of being missed diagnosed as bipolar. Ive probably tried every medication on the market and never experienced any relief, so i gave up three years ago and havnt seen a doctor or therapist since. I've tried to self medicate for years which has only made my situation worse, jail, probation, rehab. So now im looking for a little relief, ive looked over the site and plan to give your "tools" a try. I just want something that resembles a normal life, a job, wife, home, kids. and to be able to manage it without hurting other people emotionally or physically. Anyways i have some reading to do, so if i have any questions i will post something again.
thanks

Post subject: Re: not my style
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:01 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome Chris,

Hope you like what you see here.....this is a good place.

dagwood

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hey chris
first of all, welcome onboard :) This board has been immensely helpful for me both as a form of moral and emotional support as well as to work out issues / my recovery.

feel free to use the board even as you are attempting the tools :)

hope to see you around more often.

just want to tell you that recovery IS possible. I believe i am recovered, if not, almost recovered. I no longer experience intense emotional pain as before.... :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:49 pm 

Welcome, Chris!

I know you can find kindness and support here. Keep posting!

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:47 pm 

Hi Chris, welcome to the board! :)