Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New...
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:18 pm 

I'm a newbie - not sure what to say or where to begin...I just didn't want to lurk or anything. Having some hard times lately and sorta coping, but...I dunno, it's been tough.

Post subject: Re: New...
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Ryujin Jakka,

Welcome....There's usually someone around here to listen and "talk" if you want.

dagwood

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm 

Welcome

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome onboard :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 pm 

Thanks for the responses...I tend to 'lurk' because I'm socially inept, LOL - things get in a jumble in my head easily so I get sidetracked and my focus shifts for a time.

I'd originally posted because I was worried about losing my job - I didn't lose it totally, but my hours were cut so I've been looking for a part-time job to supplement my income. In this economy, that's a tall order but at least I keep a tight budget and live frugally so it's not too much of an issue. I just can't engage in my 'stress relief', which is shopping. No, I don't buy everything I see, but I used to treat myself to one small 'guilty pleasure' purchase per month, and now I can't because everything has to go for things that I 'need' and not things that I 'want'.

*SIGH*

I know, it sounds selfish and superficial...there are definitely many more people out there in the world with far worse troubles than I, but still - that doesn't mean that my minor sorrows should be completely discounted, should they? I was raised in a strict environment and always told that I should 'count my blessings', and I do...but I don't think that I should disregard myself completely, for the sake of other peoples' feelings. My parents always put others before me, and I brought that trait into adulthood. I think that I should put myself before others, and not drain myself physically or emotionally for them. My health and well-being should come first...shouldn't it?

I don't think I'm making any sense right now. I thought that I would...damnit!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Ryujin Jakka wrote:
*SIGH*

I know, it sounds selfish and superficial...there are definitely many more people out there in the world with far worse troubles than I, but still - that doesn't mean that my minor sorrows should be completely discounted, should they? I was raised in a strict environment and always told that I should 'count my blessings', and I do...but I don't think that I should disregard myself completely, for the sake of other peoples' feelings. My parents always put others before me, and I brought that trait into adulthood. I think that I should put myself before others, and not drain myself physically or emotionally for them. My health and well-being should come first...shouldn't it?

I don't think I'm making any sense right now. I thought that I would...damnit!

who says you are not making any sense?

i agree with you, you should take care of your own needs first

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:06 pm 

meremortal wrote:
you should take care of your own needs first

Precisely. It's hard to take care of other people or stay motivated if you can't keep yourself together. :) You have to be responsible for your own well-being.