Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 pm 

Hello forum-ers. I was diagnosed BPD about 2 years ago during my 5th inpatient stay. Sometimes I believe it, sometimes I think I was just given that label because they couldn't help me. Whatever I am, I am very low functioning. I am not being treated as all public services want to do is push pills at me and I think they are poison. At one time I was on 6 meds at once and went into a psycosis when i let my father pressure me into coming off them... I came off them cold turkey and went on a shoplifting spree... I didn't even want the stuff or know why I was doing it; i didn't even get a thrill. Now, it is 2.5 years later and I am still having a hard time finding a job because I got myself a theft conviction. The only med that ever helped was Lyrica and only because it made me "chill-out". I have joined this forum for support and insight. I had ended up in inpatient every 6-12 months since I was 18... and have managed to stay out for almost 2 years now although there was a point in October last year when my boyfriend broke up with me and I should have gone but I did not; instead I drank myself into the emergency room. I don't even drink or like to but at the time I thought "well theres so many people who do this maybe it'll help". I have given up on doctors. I had wanted to get a SPECT brain image done at one point, but they don't take insurance and its hella expensive. But supposedly they can actually take a picture of the brain and find out exactly what is going wrong with it and appropriate action to take. Maybe someday my soapmaking business will take off and I'll be able to get one of these fancy brain pictures.

I look forward to being a part of this forum. I have been a member of some hobby forums and end up being ridiculed and snubbed by the other members, then finally bullied and made fun of. I think I come off the wrong way in my posts... this is the same thing that happens in the real world too. I want to connect with people but I fail and have yet to pinpoint what I'm doing wrong. Is this a BPD thing?

Post subject: Re: Newbie.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:54 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi Bashfull,

so glad you've found us. Are you in any therapy now or on any meds at all. If you can find the right ones they could possibly help quite a bit. At least stabilize you so you can get the most benefit from therapy. Having bpd is not easy, and the road to recovery can be a rocky one, but you can do it.....the fact that you are seeking help from us on this board, to me, is a very positive sign.

dagwood

Post subject: Re: Newbie.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm 

Welcome!

We are all here for each other.

Moonlight