Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new to forum not new to bpd
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 am 

Hi. A friend of mine gave me the link to this site and I decided to reach out. I thought I had wrote an introduction but in my control panel it says I have no posts so here I am again. I am a 34 yr old female. I was diagnosed with bpd when I was 19 but chose to ignore it since Ted Bundy had bpd and I told myself I couldnt have something a serial killer had. About a year ago I began to research bpd and found that many of my problems could be attributed to bpd. Imagine my surprise and disappointment. I read that it is a very difficult illness to treat and I thought to myself...go figure....just like everything in my life is difficult..its fitting that I would have this particular illness. I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself..that I got a bad deal out of life. Then I tell myself that its not all that bad..Im much stronger then most people I know and can handle stresses that others would crumble under. Anyways back to why Im here at the forum. I have no support system what so ever and since I live in Mexico I have no access to affordable treatment so I am forced to deal with my illness all on my own. I have been diagnosed with several other serious mental illnesses but I struggle most with my bpd. I am looking for support and friends who can understand where I am coming from and help me to deal with living with bpd. I have spent my whole life explaining and explaining to others who I am and looking for acceptance but to no end....I hope that here I will find what I so desperatly need. thank you

Post subject: Re: new to forum not new to bpd
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:29 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hello and welcome!

I'm so sorry you're having issues with getting treatment. That definitely makes things more difficult. I hope the tools here and the people here can help.

Again, welcome!

Post subject: Re: new to forum not new to bpd
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 am 

Thank you for your reply. Actually I havent been that great at implementing the tools...I read through all of them but seems I just dont have the focus or self control to use them...maybe Im just lazy I dont know. In reality there are many times when my life is a mess and the solution is semi simple but I cant bring myself to do what needs to be done. I dont know why..maybe Im more comfortable being a mess. Maybe Im affraid without being a mess I will lose my identity...I have always been a mess...without that who am I.