Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Think I might have BPD...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:48 pm 

My name is Amanda, I'm 26 and I've been on antidepressants for almost 10 years now off and on. Some have worked better than others and yet there were thing that they just don't seem to help. I finally started researching and my fiancé and I both believe this to be the case. Excessive anger over things I should NOT be angry about, not irritation, raging anger. If I don't get help and work this out, I will have another relationship down the drain, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

On a side note: I turn to one of my best friends for support, she's in nursing school, and proceeds to tell me there is no way I'm a BPD, because "those people" are really crazy, are almost always committed to the psych ward, are clingy and always self mutilate, etc... I understand I may in no way be an extreme case but I do know that not every case is the same, but I did a lot of research. I do intend to seek a professional and get their opinion, but I have a degree in applied science as a medical assistant and her little bit of time on the psych ward in nursing school doesn't qualify her to diagnose me either. (Sorry for my little rant) just need support and opinions from others going through the same thing.

Post subject: Re: Think I might have BPD...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hey there!
first of all, welcome onboard :)

yeah i agree with you that your friend is not qualified to diagnose or undiagnose you. It's best you seek professional opinion.

How's the search for a professional therapist / psychiatrist going on?

Do continue to share your journey with us ya :)