Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi - Happy to be here
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm 

I was diagnosed about two years ago and did a little work with a DBT workbook. I also have done work in 12 step programs. That said, I am still having tremendous problems in my relationships; the most trouble with my family of origin. I have a lot going on in my life right now. I feel like I have been in denial regarding my BPD symptoms. I am hoping that by joining this community I can find some similarities and fellowship with others who suffer. I especially like the idea of having some tools available to explore my condition. I have been on various medications in the past, even before being diagnosed, and I tend not to do well with any substances in my body. I am hoping that I can manage by BPD with self-care and additional tools. I am looking at the possibility that this will require me totally restructuring my lifestyle. My family is in complete denial regarding my condition, and I keep letting them trigger me. As it stands, I currently have almost no relationship with all four of my siblings! My husband is more receptive and understanding to what is going on with me. It has been a rocky road for both of us - I'm surprised he's stuck by me. My first goal is to take responsibility for myself so that I can have some consistency in my relationships. I'm open to learning. I have already downloaded the book on my Kindle - was surprised, thankful and excited to see that I could preview it as a Prime Member first! Thanks for letting me share - glad to be here.

Post subject: Re: Hi - Happy to be here
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Lola dear :)

first of all, welcome onboard :)

I really like your first goal - to take responsibility over yourself :)

hope to see you around more often :)