Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm 

Hi, everyone. I am new to this site and new to any type of support forums. Please be patient, as I may be doing more reading than posting at first. I am really looking forward to being part of this group. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello and WELCOME to BPDR, WantToBeNormal!

When I first came to this site, it was the first message-board I had actually participated in. Though I was very nervous and probably made some errors in the way I began to post, I dove in and now I couldn't do without it!

I'm glad to hear that you wish to do some reading here.....I know for me the more old posts I read, as well as the home page, facts section and especially over and over the tool box-- well, it helped me feel comfortable and kinda feel out what this place was all about. I could identify with many of the posts/threads and I really gained quite a lot of advice for my own issues just reading how others dealt with similar issues and of course the responses. I hope doing a lot of reading can yield the same positive experience for you!

I look forward to getting to know each other better! :biggrin

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm 

Good to be here. I have been dealing with Bipolar Disorder for 26 years. I am 54. Borderline Personality would be a more proper classification for my issues, and if I were completely honest with my doc he would no doubt agree. It is difficult to admit how on the fringe of life I have been living. Not trusting anyone, including my husband, has brought me here. Do other people who visit this board find this to be true?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm 

Hi, I don't know how much I will post on this board, but wanted to say hello so I'm not a total stranger.

Thanks!
C_Ash
(since the name Ash is already taken, don't want to step on any toes)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 am 

hi i'm sarah and im ne here :yawn2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 am 

Hi Everyone, I'm Rex. I was a quiet member for a while, then dropped off, thinking I could handle things on my own. I'm back and hope to be more involved. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 am 

hi folks

i'm mouse. wanted to find somewhere that could be a place to work on my borderline and d.i.d. stuff and hope that i can give as well as receive here

thank you :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm 

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum too. I don't have a formal diagnosis of BPD but was told by a psychotherapist years ago that I had strong traits. I have recently had some exacerbation of my "symptoms" in a new relationship which I am successfully destroying so have decided to bite the bullet and do some research and try to recover. When I first heard a bout BPD I understood it to be pretty well untreatable but am reassured to find there are a few strategies to work with.
I've got an appointment with the doc tomorrow so am hoping to get a referral to a psychologist.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:54 am 

Hi

I am Javin and new here. I dont have a formal diagnosis for BPD. I visited psychiatrist, but he was looking for something more meaty (the place I live does not pay much attention to psychiatric problems, unless they are extreme). In the meanwhile, I am slowly and gradually destroying the (decades old) relationship with my partner. So I thought I will pull up my socks and take control of myself.

I have done online self tests and read up some on the web. I have also read one book and ordered 3 more.

I look forward to learning from BPD Recovery community and then contributing as I learn. At first, while I surf the site and the forums, I may not be posting much, but will do so as I get bolder. :-)

Javin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm 

Hello,

I am new here, and thought I might give a brief introduction.

I am very well educated; in fact I have a PhD in chemistry, but because of my mental health issues, I have changed jobs many times, and have a great deal of difficulty dealing with stressful situations. In my last position, I was finally asked to resign, because of my deteriorating work quality, and my issues dealing with a VERY high energy and demanding supervisor. Now I have a low-paying position as a grant writer, and I am extremely frustrated, and feeling like a failure.

I was diagnosed with BPD around 1987 in a military hospital in Okinawa, Japan, after an episode of self-mutilation. I despised the doctor who gave me that diagnosis, though, and thought he was full of crap. It took me a number of years of pain, bizarre behavior, failed relationships, and 6 short involuntary hospitalizations before I was willing to acknowledge that this was a real problem, and that I needed to do something about it. I recently underwent a voluntary 6 week in-patient program based heavily on CBT, though not specifically directed at BPD. I go weekly to a therapist, but it seems that little progress is being made.

I also attend several weekly narcotics anonymous meetings for my associated drug addiction (I will have 18 months clean on March 22 - yeah!), and work with a sponsor, but I feel like addiction is a secondary issue...a symptom...and that my sponsor really has no ideas about what is going on in my mind. In fact, I have worked the steps through step 9, and found that the process has been somewhat dangerous to my sense of sanity.

I am having extensive relationship issues. I feel that I am two separate minds; my logical mind knows that she loves me, but my emotional mind is suspicious and paranoid, thinking that she has ulterior motives. Its very confusing and tiring for us both, and I am exhausted.

I have done a great deal of reading in the last few months about BPD, and my reading has shown me that it may take years to change my thinking patterns and find real recovery, which I find depressing and overwhelming. So, I decided to try a support site such as this one. I don't know how much I will use it yet, but I am grateful for you being here. Thank You!

~Dr. Faustus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:59 pm 

Hello...

I am new here, and seeking to learn more about BPD and its effects on relationships, etc.

Thanks for this very helpful resource!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:02 am 

Hi, I'll go by ale. I was formally diagnosed with bpd almost 2 years ago. I diagnosed myself through internet research about 10+ years ago. I told my therapist who I was seeing at the time and she dismissed and said, "Trust me, you don't want to have bpd". I have been working with an excellent therapist since my formal diagnosis but I need to practice here. I'm very impatient and want to work hard so that I can get better and have healthy relationships. I will be 40 this year and I just ended a 1 1/2 year relationship because of my bpd. All of my relationships have ended because I wear people out. So, I hope that this site will help in conjunction with my therapy. I'm hopefully grateful that I found this site and excited to be here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:56 am 

Hi, this is all very new to me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 am 

Hi ive just recently been diagnosed and my partner of 3 years has just left me! I'm scared and confused about the whole thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi there,

Glad you are here....this is a great place to learn about bpd. Lots of wonderful and helpful people here.

Dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm 

Hi. I actually posted a thread to introduce myself but I got a message stating I gotta wait until a moderator approves and posts my thread.

Anyways... I hope to learn more and get to know you peoples as well as share some things myself.

It's been a long while since I've been on a forum so I gotta get use to the posting culture again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:48 pm 

Hi!

I'm new here. I have been diagnosed with BPD, and working on recovery for about 2 years. Right now I am dealing with some anxiety, but with great therapy (and meds) I am seeing a lot of growth in myself.

I have almost 5 years sobriety, and 2 years of no self-injury.

I am excited to see what goes on here, and how I can help others', as well as have a safe place to look for help and understanding.

Thank you, BPDRecovery.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

LyndaR,

Welcome, hope you can find some help and encouragement here. Congrats on your sobriety! That's wonderful. I've felt so much better and better able to deal with the bpd sober; I know it was no easy accomplishment.

Dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm 

Hi im kevin
a little bit about me i suppose well i write my own blog on my life with bpd witch i started about a year ago so i have kept it going suprise i am at about 357 posts so quite a few yer having bpd i have wanted to delete it a few times but i have left it and kept writing to it im on facebook quite a bit where i am in a few support groups in intrest i had never really thought about it i think over time i have came out my shell a little i am no longer scared to revile who i am and where i live it was a bit of a fear when i first started writing it i had when i found out last year i was diagnosed with F60.30 witch in england is impulsive borderline type i know its a bit diffrent in america what i have been working on more is coping mecanisms and ways not to take my own life and life is worth more still lots of work to do there anyway

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 pm 

Hi, I go by junebug on here. I am 32, have been diagnosed with bpd since age 18 but didn't realize this until this year. I was reading about all the mental illnesses on Wikipedia, knowing "something" was wrong with me. I came a cross bpd and instantly knew that was me. After getting to a psychiatrist & pulling up some old medical records to my surprise I guess i was the last to know.

I keep seeing my psychiatrist and take a host of medications to treat bpd, bipolar 1, mixed type, panic disorder & what else is going on with me at the time.

I really want to take personal one-on-one or group dbt classes but financially not able to right now.

I did just get approved on disability, so someday I may be able to get the help I need.

This site seems awesome but I may not hang out here a whole lot bc it all seems overwhelming to me at the current time.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, while I may lurk here trying to understand myself and patterns of ppl with bpd. I agree completely that understanding is the key to change.

I have a lot of mood swings. A few days ago I thought life couldn't get any better. Then my dd deleted me from fb, because she didn't like the outfit I wore for halloween. I almost killed myself over the abandonment & probably would still be on that train of thought had my doctor not drugged me to the point of unawareness.

I'm glad I called the crisis line but wish more to just be well. I've been "sick" all the years of life I can remember & I honestly don't even know why.

So that's my story, for now. Hope to be welcome here.

Thanks in advance,
JuneBug :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 am 

Hi Junebug.

Glad you're here.

Please takes much time as u need and come when u wish! We'll be here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 am 

Thank you Stranjer, appreciate the welcome! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 pm 

No thanx are necessary! Junebug :)

Hope your finding helpful things here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:38 pm 

Hi there!

My name is Genevieve and I am new to this site...I'm sure shortly I will put up a post explaining my reasoning for being here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:07 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

realmmeira wrote:
Hi there!

My name is Genevieve and I am new to this site...I'm sure shortly I will put up a post explaining my reasoning for being here!

Hi Genevieve! I'm sorry it took us so long to welcome you. We're glad you're here!

Trinity

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next