Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:51 pm 

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been diagnosed with BPD several times over the last 2 years. I'm Rachel :) And I'm struggling a lot lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 pm 

Hi, I am also new here. I've been struggling almost my whole life with BPD related issues and I'm only just now accepting that I have BPD, even though it has so far only been an off chart diagnosis with the doctors and therapists I've seen over the years. So far it has been recognized and acknowledged, just not officially diagnosed, for various reasons probably. But I am aware that I have it and have just joined here hoping it will help me learn more about my issues and assist in my recovery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 am 

I am new here and quite scared. I was hoping that there are others with BPD still currently using this forum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:12 pm 

Hi folks, I'm Sheri a 43 year old, happily divorced Canadian :) I have no children and that is my choice. With 35 medical conditions I chose to not have children because I did not want to cause any undue hardship on the fetus/baby and would not want to cause any birth defects because of my medications etc. I have been on medications since I was 4 years old :)

I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder since the mid-90's and fought the idea of even having it because it and PTSD have so many overlapses. However, my psychiatrist explained in detail to me about 2 months back why I was diagnosed with it, how it is diagnosed and that put my mind at ease at least when it comes to accepting the fact.

I have been told I am what's called a 'high functioning' borderline...not my words, but those of my therapist, psychiatrist etc. I can feel when I'm out of sync and I seek help immediately. I'm by no means perfect, and I still have my bouts of symptoms, but for the most part, I have educated myself on this and other medical issues due to the amount of medical/mental health issues I do have. Knowledge is power when one has an illness of any kind.

I live in Ontario in Canada with my cat - who was a stray - Sweetie :) She came into my apartment in December 2010 and 8 days before my birthday, she gave birth to 5 kittens :) Four boys and one girl and it was a wonderful thing to witness, to help her with the kittens, and I went camera-loopy on them and took over 800 pictures :) I miss the kittens but I love my Sweetie.

I do not work, but have TONS...and I mean TONS of hobbies. Some for the winter - like working with yarn with crochet, knifty knitters etc., and summer ones like beading, Scrapbooking and others. I do these all year long, but the yarn ones take a break come the hot weather obviously.

I am not in a relationship and am enjoying that. I am a self-help junkie and have 6 six-foot bookshelves full of books that are self-help regular and self-help Christian. I also am a journal junkie and have a journal for every idea you can imagine - quotes, daily, prayer, goals, things that make me laugh, craft ideas, beliefs, poetry, art, etc.

I am surprised at how fast my days go by even when they seem long. I hope to offer some support here and be of encouragement and support to people struggling with the diagnosis or looking for coping ideas...I've collected tons of coping ideas.

Hope the rest of your week goes well and that you are well.

Sheri and Sweetie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 am 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome onboard, sherie!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome Sheri,

So glad you've found us as there are many people here who can certainly relate to your situation.

Animals are very important to me as they must be for you. Glad you have Sweetie...guess she knew what she was doing when she landed at your door. Sometimes they can help us when there is no one else.

dagwood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:33 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. I wish my parents would find a forum for family members. It is believed by my psychiatrist and therapist that my mother also has BPD and that my father is either Histrionic or Narcissistic. But they don't believe they have any issues...only me. But myself, my brother and both my parents are all on psyche meds and none of them will yet admit they have issues. Oh well, such is life.
I'm going to search through the forums and see what is where and so on. I do a lot of self-help writing for my blog and also for a site called Christians In Recovery. As I learn and recover, I pass it on to others. It gives me a benefit of doing some writing which I love, and also the benefit of knowing I can help somebody who may be hurting or in need.
It's really hot here today so Sweetie is laying very low...as am I. :)

tata,
Sheri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:19 am 

Hello Hello
My name is Pedro, i´m from Portugal. I´was diagnosed with 18 years, now i have 29.
It´s been a overcoming battle but, i´m making progresses.
I discover this website by accident, and i think it´s a great idea, and help a lot of people, to feel better.
Thank u and good week for everybody.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm 

Hi everyone

My name is Jamie and I am a 43 y/o male who has struggled continuously with depression, hypersensitivity, anger management, uneven moods and tons of other issues that have gotten in the way of living a full life. I recently read the definition of BPD and broke down into tears. Nothing has described my experience, tendencies and relationship better. I recently lost my job (I have been laid off from just about every job I have ever had)..I just have never been emotionally stable, despite clean living, exercise, yoga, meditation and now, a supportive fiance. Its is as if I have matured at half the speed of my peers. I look forward to learning more about this condition and sharing experiences with you all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm 

Hi. My name is Julie. I hope this forum helps me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:02 am 

My name is Rayna. Hello, I'm new and seeking advice on how to make friends and communicate with people who have BPD
Do you have any advice for a newby?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 am 

My name is Rayna and I'd love to connect with other people. I feel terribly isolated at the moment and i can't shake of the feeling that i am a monster.
Does anyone else experience these feelings - i would really be interested to hear your stories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6