Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm 

I just got out of Inpatient treatment and was told I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I kinda suspected it because I had taken those online "personality tests. But, really didn't know how accurate those were. When the psychiatrist told me I was BPD, I wasn't shocked.

I am also a recovering Vicodin addict and alcoholic (16 days sober).

I don't even know what to think about this BPD. I TOTALLY fit the bill, but I am overwhelmed with what to do to change. I am thrilled to find a forum to share with others though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:30 am 
Community Member
Community Member

welcome fellow texan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:55 pm 

Thanks! I'm not sure where to start, so I am still browsing. Still overwhelmed with this diagnosis, but KNOW in my heart this is SO me. My husband even said today that finally "got" why I was the way I was in some ways. (He was reading a book for family of BPD.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

of course the Tools section <---------- to your left is a excellent place to begin.

read and when you feel comfy please post:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:19 pm 

I am in my sixth day of outpatient therapy and in group I totally broke down. In my mind, I have always remembered I was abused, but for some reason, today, it HIT me and I just bawled and bawled. I mean I have talked about to many different people in a matter fact kind of way, but separate from myself, I guess. Today, it HIT me. I hope that is a good thing, because it felt like crap.

I still feel raw, but I feel a little better talking about one part of it I had never mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:28 pm 

Update: I started to feel better a short while, and now the depression is really pulling me down. My parents keep saying, "You HAVE to overcome this, you HAVE to do better, etc..." It is killing me because I am so afraid of failing and having them tell me what I HAVE to do makes me nauseous. Now that they have found out how depressed, suicidal I really am, they keep telling my husband what a good man he is to stay, to put up with me, etc.... I know they mean well, but it makes me feel like he is doing me a "favor" and they are just grateful they don't have to deal with me. They feel sorry for my husband and my children, which makes me feel like a piece of crap. :(

I don't even know where to begin in recovery. I sure wish this was just a medical issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:10 am 

Hi,
i am in Texas as welland am new to this site. I just was thinking I wish there was a support group for families dealing with BPD because i know how much my loved ones and I need it. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, and that you are really courageous. I think there are probably a lot of undiagnosed BPDs who are still wondering why they are going through what they are going through. You're here. Thats great!