Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re-introduction (again)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:10 am 

Ciao! It's been so long since I've been here, I just thought I'd say hi here :halo A lot has happened & I'm not sure I'll share it all at once, but kiddo & I are doing well concidering :smiles

I got through my last semester with the necessary B+ avg. to keep my scholarhip! :whew & my new semester started yesterday :D So, now I have internet again, LOL

Just before my finals last semester, my parents decided to suddenly kick us out of the house :thud After spending 2 hours finalizing our plan for us to stay with them until I finished my blended Bachelors/Masters program & after months during which they encouraged us to help them design their new house with homeschooling in mind, etc. they randomly one morning during coffee said:
Quote:
We don't want to hurt your feelings, but we just want to be old & alone in an empty house with just our dogs. We don't want to communicate about it.
So, that was that. Kiddo & I are now staying in another single mom friend's pet/play room in a loft bed. Kiddo has had to start school because of my necessary 21 credit hours of college courses. Luckilly, the district office said that because we moved in from another district & they technically consider us homeless, kiddo qualifies under some new law to attend any school of her choice :bow So, she's in my old school where the PreK-1st graders have their own small annex building with a very Montessori inspired layout & she gets to participate in *all* school activities for FREE: transportation, meals, childcare, fieldtrips, etc. :clap

This school is soooooo much better than the one we were faced with before (where scantily clad teenagers talking about who got drunk/high at which party walk by the kindy rooms & where teens made out on the bus next to the young children :x) This new school is VERY child centered, even to the point of letting kiddo call me throughout the day if she needs to :clap

Surprisingly, when my parents hit me with their news, I didn't overreact. I simply reminded them that at 60+ years old they should know by now that everything in life requires communication & that no on can not communicate, that communication of some form happens even when we don't intend it to. There was so screaming. I just grabbed my coffee & left, then when my finals were done, we moved. During Xmas.

Not surprisingly, now that we don't have the stress of my dysfunctional parents who pretend to be supportive (allthewhile badmouthing us both behind our backs :shh) both kiddo & I are feeling & behaving better.

I've had to surrender my vehicle to the bank & the house is foreclosing & I will be filing bankruptcy, but walking to the bus stops is healthy & I have the opportunity to maintain a clear mind during the ride. We're both doing better mentally/emotionally now, but we're also really looking forward to our financial assistance finally being processed so that we can have our own apartment & our own groceries.

Yes, there's still much mroe to the story, but allinall we're doing very well ;) PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 pm 

Hey Maribelle,

Sorry to hear that you have had to cope with so much, am amazed how well you seem to have coped through it all. lots of great news there n amongst what must have at times been pretty overwhelming.

Glad to see you back on line and to hear that you and the kiddo are well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:31 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi! Glad to see you're back and doing okay. You truly are a survivor! I don't know if I could have your strength and tenacity! Also glad your daughter is doing okay. She must really be growing up! She's going to turn out to be one awesome young lady!!!! Hope you'll be able to hang around for a while - we missed you! :halo

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:41 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi, Maribelle!

I've missed you too! Wow! I also think you are amazing. I would have curled up into a ball if I had to go through what you have. I can't believe your parents kicked you out the way that they did. Your reaction is amazing. Yes, you are a survivor. :thumbsup

Your daughter's school sounds wonderful. There is always something positive in the worst of situations, isn't there? Can you share another photo of her when you get a chance?

I'm looking forward to your posts again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:44 am 

(((((THANKS bogit, BG & wondering!)))))

I really have missed you guys :halo

I've found myself spending my "spare" time in the Language Lab on campus -- since I'm taking 7 language courses concurrerntly :shock so I need all the help I can get....

Frequently throughout every day I want to go hid under my covers, but I make myself STOP & jus think something positive: "Yay for _____" :)) This isn't solving problems, but it's keeping me more optimistic & thankful for what I do have so at least I can keep moving forward.

I thought I would have more time to post, but I think not :( I do need to focus on my studies (for many reasons, including that it keeps me from hiding away from the world) :shysmile I will try to check in once in a while, though & you're all in my thoughts! ;)

(((((PEACE)))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am 

OK, real quick . . . just a brief complaint: this past weekend was that of the domino effect :/ Kiddo had to go to the Dr. for a skin problem -- we missed the bus to get her to school -- she came with me -- I forgot my essay assignment -- lost our lunch $ -- missed the last bus home -- cell phone batery died -- we were locked out of the apartment till about 10pm :shock

However, it's over now & this is a new week :shysmile Kiddo's 6th birthday part was a flying success (although the room was too little, the cake was crap, I was overwhelmed with all the stimulation, blahblahblah) & now I'm studying for my test....

PEACE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:48 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Sounds like a bad day from beginning to end. But glad that the b-day was a success!