Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello, new here
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 am 

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I was diagnosed BPD back in October although I knew what my mental health challenge with me about 18 months previously.

I have been on another board but it was so full of negativity I moved to this very positive focused looking place. I have come to know quite a few astounding truths about the universe and self-healing that I cannot utilise while listening to negativity constantly. I'm eve aiming to ditch my T as there is way too much conditioning going n in therapy these days and negative affirmations. Also blaming patient for their problems is a very bad habit I have come across in modern therapy. I therefore consider myself in recovery even though no doctor or therapist has told me so...there are till times when I struggle with BPD like things but that's why I am here. Had some challenges in my personal life too...lost my mum suddenly last month, step father stole my inheritance, and had all my benefit taken off me for no reason and have been without money now for nearly 2 months but I know like I know like I know that it will all go my way and be resolved and retuned to me. I wouldn't think anything else. I also have a physical health challenge but that's recovering too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:39 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome! I'm sorry about your mom. That in itself is a difficult thing even w/o throwing in the step-father stuff.

Sounds like you have a good idea of what you need. Take a look around the site. We have info on some very useful tools. If you have any questions, ask! We have some very good people around here in all levels of recovery. Usually, someone can relate to what you're going through.

Again, welcome!