Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here to learn as much as I can
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:08 am 

I am here, non-BPD, but open-minded and very understanding of the stigma that's often placed on BPD, to learn as much about it as possible, to be the best friend I can be to someone I care about very much. It's hard to know sometimes what healthy behaviour is towards someone with BPD symptoms especially when they're behaving erratically: it can be a tricky line to tread.

I don't think she has been formally diagnosed with BPD -- eating disorders, self-injury, and depression, yes -- but according to a couple knowledgeable friends every single thing I've said about what is going on with her points to BPD. And I know that learning more about BPD would help me understand and be there for her.

My friend is not in a very good place right now -- some of her closest friends, myself included, hardly recognise her. I will now post in the On the Border forum the details of what led me to come to the forum and the struggles I'm dealing with now.

Post subject: good friend
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:37 pm 

sounds like you are really tring to be a good friend, kudos for that. I have lost many friends wheither it is due to my bpd I will never know but I do know good friends are hard to come by. any questions or just want to talk, let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:46 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to BPDR! We have several people here who care about someone with BPD. There's excellent support here. jim