Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Like walking in a minefield blindfolded...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 am 

Just found this site, I would like say it would have been nice to find this years, months, weeks, days ago or I would not be needing it as much as I do now, but then again I was not ready for it, nor would I have accepted that anything was "wrong" with me.

Just recently opened "The Angry Heart" and seeking a DBT treatment center.

Was mis-diagnosed 6+ months ago with ADHD and Bi-Polar, have the ADHD, no question, but the mis-diagnosis for the Bi-polar caused me months of walking coma, to the point I could not see straight, just seemed to intensify the BPD Mania, which in the long run, I may see as a godsend.

Painful having this awareness, now becoming fully aware of the poison I have inflicted on my life, family and marriage (hanging on by a thin thread), fighting the BPD part that wants to run away and not hurt, but I will never give up, I can't, not an option.

Hardest part of this is with all ths new information streaming at me, and being aware enough to receive it, not sure whenever I come to a conclusion, don't know whether it's the BPD mind or the aware mind. Like walking in a minefield blindfolded.

Only hope it's not too late. I am starting this journey for myself, I pray the ones I love will join me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Breathe. Breathe, breathe, breathe...

Welcome. I'm glad you're with us.

You may come in with some wasted years, scarred relationships and a thousand questions, but you are no longer alone! Recovery can seem like a very big deal (and it is), but you have already accomplished the biggest part. You can now see that there is a problem, and you are willing to learn and to grow. That's awesome stuff, and I'm glad you found us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:32 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome TriDad. As Minx said, you're no longer alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:02 pm 

You are totally not alone. One of the most terrifying moments of my life was realizing the severity of what I was going through, that something was actually *wrong*, that I wasn't ever going to just wake up and be normal, but that it would take a lot of work, maybe for my entire life. But accepting that you are ready and willing to do that work IS a huge step.

Welcome, you're already on your way to recovery. :)