Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: growingthruit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 pm 

Hi, just wanted to check in. This is my first post. I have never actually been dx w/bpd, but with anxiety disorder and OCD (mild). Also, codependency. I was told by a therapist that I have bpd traits. I have spent many years in/out of therapy,recovery, etc. Take SSRI for ocd and
anxiety which seems almost obsolete when I am on meds as I have worked through so much childhood stuff, as well as learned some ways to manage my emotions. I am also a born-again Christian and have gained so much from my walk with the Lord, but am fearful (shame)of sharing with the people of my church. I still struggle with lonliness and relationships, especially at work. I have a very supportive husband and one very good girlfriend that I can process with. I am still very senstive to rejection and abandonment and my sense of self (though much stronger than in the past) can change when I perceive rejection. So, I am exploring the possibility of bpd. Would love some feedback. Thank you,

Post subject: Re: growingthruit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:11 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome Growingthruit! There are other folks here that don't have the official BPD dx. All that's needed to be part of the site is the desire to live a happy, healthy life. Sounds like you've worked hard to do that. I hope you find more help here.

Trin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:44 pm 

Thanks for replying, Trinity. You made me feel welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:41 am 

:welcome

I'm one who doesn't have the BPD diagnosis. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders, but I recognised BPD traits in myself, and I've found resources aimed at people with BPD (like the tools here and DBT stuff) really helpful.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Post subject: Re: growingthruit-painfully now.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 pm 

Hi Echoes, Thank you for your welcome and support. I am having a hard time lately, struggling with low self-esteem that is being triggered by a woman I work with who (I think) is also borderline and is ostracizing me with our team. I keep pushing through, using prayer, I will start practicing the tools of this program. I am in my later life season and finishing my Masters program while working. It is a lot of stress and my fractured -yet-to-be-healed early adolescent part is really hurting. That part of me is feeling isolated, lonely and defective. I have a therapist, but feel I need one that specializes in this kind of work. Thank you again, Growingthruit