Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: newbie.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:03 pm 

Hi. I'm Kristee, I'm 17 and a junior in high school. The only official diagnose I have is trichotillomania- and the "possibles" are depression, bipolar (most likely.), OCD, and bpd.
i have both a tdoc and a pdoc- but i only started getting help about 3 months ago, so I'm in the beginning phase of therapy and dealing with my MI.

I was in denial that anything was wrong with me for about 4 years, but after my boyfriend of two years broke up with me... i realized how much i needed help. i have almost no friends, i have a lot of trouble with ALL relationships in general, and i dont like the way i am. I want to change, i want to be happy, and part of me has hope that i will be.
the other part of me wants to give up and is so scared of the future and what it holds =/

-Kristee

Post subject: Re: newbie.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:47 am 

:welcome

I have trichotillomania too.

I don't know about you, but I think change can be very scary, even positive change. When I first got help for my MH issues and was offered a place in group therapy, the thought of becoming a different person frightened me - even though I knew I couldn't go on as I was. I spoke to others with MH issues about it and they all said they could relate.

That was five years ago now and I have changed a lot, but gradually. I am still the same person I was back then - just wiser and healthier.

Hope that helps. :) Looking forward to getting to know you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:52 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:35 am 

Kristie,
You must be going through a difficult period - being so newly understood - I found this period to be hard because who really wants to be MI.. on the otherhand there are solutions & help out there. Your life is important & valuable even if you don't think so at times - I didn't - so I would use mantras - little sayings to keep me going - even looking in the mirror & saying I was pretty that day helped (after a while I even felt pretty - ah the power of the mind..:)

Stay .. & Welcome.
newt

One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox