Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Making sense of it all
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:09 pm 

Recently after several breakdowns that have been affecting myself and my relationship I sought out therapy. I have so far attended one session so a diagnosis has not been met yet. To try and understand more about what has been going on inside of me I made a trip to the bookstore to get some books on depression. While browsing I came across this book titled "I Hate You-Don't Leave Me". It caught my attention [soley because of the title] and then I saw it was on Borderline Personality Disorder. I thought to myself "OMG, that sounds serious and anyone who has that is probably a crazy person! So I opened it up and read some pages and whata ya know... It was me to a Tee! So even more interested on this illness and my quest to figure out what the hell was wrong with me I got the book and also started searching online for all the info I could gather on BPD. I also looked up other illnesses and compared them to BPD. Now in no way am I trying to diagnose myself (I will leave that to the Doc) but I am so glad that I am now working on myself and have found this board. I feel like I am finally on the road to recovery, no matter how hard it may be for me . Also, I am also thankful that my partner is there for me even though I drive her nuts.

Post subject: Re: Making sense of it all
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi Rhonda! Glad you found us. No matter what your diagnosis is, there is a lot to learn here. You can look at the Tools on the left side of the page. Also if you read what others have to say, that helps a lot. The more information we have, the more we can work on whatever is wrong. After I was diagnosed I think I read every book out there about BPD.

Keep coming back - it does help!!!!

:welcome

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)