Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello..new
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:16 am 

I have been lurking around for a while, just thought it was time to introduce myself. I haven't been diagnosed. i have been on and off meds for severe depression since I was a teenager (i'm 28 now). I'll go to the dr. when I can't take my mood swings anymore, and they will give me an antidepressant that I will take for a little while, then I just stop going. I don't know why. I have also been diagnosed with social anxiety that is very bad. This I believe keeps me from being properly diagnosed, as I will not open up and tell everything to my dr. I just sit there, with this horrible fear of being judged, and they just give me the generic depression diagnosis. I found the BPD diagnosis a few years ago and was so relieved to find something that made sense. I have so much crap going on in my mind right now that this post will be a mile long if I don't stop, so I just wanted to say hello.

Post subject: Re: Hello..new
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hello and welcome EMT! Even if you don't have an official dx, you're welcome here. All we ask is that you try and focus on happy, healthy living. I hope the tools on the site help you toward that path.