Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:36 pm 

Hi. I am a thirty-four year-old woman who was diagnosed with bpd about six years ago. I went through an outpatient program for six months and lived medication and symptom-free for the most part since. Recently, I have been experiencing symptoms again and have gone onto new medications. I'm in the process of trying to find a therapist (which has been pretty challenging), and trying to get back on track. I thought this site would be helpful.

Nice to "meet" you. :)

D

Post subject: Re: hello
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 pm 

Hello ds529!
I am new to this myself. Good for you that you had a time-out from this intense subject! What kind of meds did accomplish this miracle? I have been on anti depr. and some anxiety stuff to no avail so far. Did anything happen lately that could have caused you to "relaps". I find it very hard to stay on track consistently and with all my knowledge about my disorder, I still can't control the onslaughts of symptoms when I get stressed. But then again I process EVERYTHING intellectually and never emotionally since I feel only negative emotions. Therapiewise, I found that most Ts did not really want to deal with me at all and was told that the most promising method is DBT. There is nobody in my area that is doing it and I cannot afford it anyways.
Well, anywho, I found that venting to people who know what I am talking about does help me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome, DS, to BPDR!

Sounds like you're in a place where you're looking for ways to return to being symptom-free. I hope that you find helpful tools at BPDR. This is a recovery-focused board where we encourage people to come to work on themselves.

Peace,
jim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:24 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hiya, ds! Welcome aboard! :welcome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 pm 

hi, everyone - thank you so much for the welcome. :)

dramaqueen, i don't remember which medications i was taking while i was in the outpatient program (i think there have been over a dozen through the years), but i'm currently in my first week on zoloft. so far, so good. as for dbt, there's a website run by someone who helped me a lot that might be helpful to you: http://www.tara4bpd.org

ds