Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Insight
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 am 

Hi,

I am a non coming here to gain a better understanding... I spent three on again/ off again years with my uBPD boyfriend. He is now an ex and I don't have any contact with him. We split up about a year and a half ago... because he had no desire to work on his issues. He never had treatment of any kind.

I've read much about BPD, including Linehan's DBT text book and as many of A.J. Mahari's articles as I could find. I already have a very fair degree of understanding, there are just a few remaining mysteries I would like to solve. I think I will find my answers here...

Thank You!

Betty Sue

Post subject: Re: Looking for Insight
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi Betty Sue --

I hope you find some answers here. Keep in mind that we're all different, just as "healthy" people are -- there is no "typical" person with BPD. And most of us are in treatment of one kind or another, and motivated to get better, so that makes us unlike your ex right off the bat. But maybe we can give you some insight, one way or another.

Post subject: Re: Looking for Insight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 am 

Hi Sari,

I think you will. It seems the members here have a lot of knowledge of the more sophisticated sort, and access to much good information. I do realize most of you are in treatment, and that is Wonderful. And, don't worry, I have not come here to vent about my ex, but to learn and understand.

Betty Sue