Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trouble sending PMs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:10 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I have a message stuck in my outbox that I don't know how to send or delete. I also wanted to send a PM to someone else today and the message was "no recipient selected"--not sure of exact wording of that message.

I did put the recipient's name in the big "send box" because I couldn't delete the "None" in the "To" box, where I think it's supposed to go.

Also, what are those codes like BBC and so on? I didn't set any of those; am I supposed to? I used to send messges with no trouble, so I think the "stuck" one is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Trouble sending PMs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:22 am 
Community Member
Community Member

BBC means blind carbon copy. That means that person gets a copy, but whoever is in the "to" field doesn't see they got a copy.

After typing a name in the "Usernames" box under "send to", you have to hit either the "BBC [add]" or "To [add]" button right under it.

(And if that doesn't help I'll have to leave it for the community leaders.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:44 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Quote:
I have a message stuck in my outbox

That means you sent a PM to someone and they have not yet opened your message. Once they have, the message will automatically move from your Outbox to your Sentbox.

If you really want to delete the Outbox message (which means that person will never read the message), put a check mark in the box to the far right of it and from the drop-down box at the bottom, choose "Delete Marked" and it will leave your Outbox and the intended recipient will not see it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Ellen: I'm confused. I always used to send messages by hitting "submit". Now that doesn't seem to work. I get the message: "No recipient defined." So I tried another message just now, and typed the name in the big box, and clicked on the BBC. Nothing happened. Then I clicked on the "add". Then I did it over again and finally it worked when I hit submit again. So, I don't know what is wrong.

Isn't clicking on "submit" the way you are supposed to send messages?

Ash: The person I sent the stuck message to told me she could never retrieve it. I successfully deleted it now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:33 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

If you click on the PM button in someone's post, the system will automatically add in their name and you're all set. If you use the "Send to / Usernames:" box to type in a name, you then have to click the "Add [To]" button to insert that name into the To: field. If you want to secretly send a copy of that message to someone or to a group of people without those people knowing who else got the message, you'd use the "Add [BCC]" button instead to add those names into the BCC: line. Try it now by clicking the PM button in my post, below, and then type in "wondering" in the Usernames box and then click either the Add [To] or Add [BCC] button to send a copy to yourself!