Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Multiple Issues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 am 

Location: wherever there is love, peace and light, you will find me singing!
I have other conditions in addition to BPD that I want to work on. Is it possible to be part of more than one board? Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Multiple Issues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:56 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Uhm, yeah - sure. I don't know of any restrictions at any other boards but certainly almost all of us participate in a number of sites / boards / forums for a variety of things. There are definitely NO restrictions like that associated with BPDR, that's for sure! Get the help & support you need wherever you find it, I say.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm 

Thanks Ash! Right now, it says I am only part of the BPD board. is there an anorexia board? If so, how can I find it and how can I join? I hope that's not too much to ask! I'll see if I can figure it out on my own in the meantime :-) Thanks so much! love~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hmm, I'm not sure where you're seeing "part of the BPD board" but we don't have any sort of anorexia, eating disorder or other disorder boards. The boards here are part of the website - bpdrecovery.com - which is devoted entirely to Borderline Personality Disorder. Certainly, within here, there's a section (forum) for working on how we handle interpersonal relationships or working through anxiety or working through depression in general but there's not really a separate focus area for anything beyond what you see here, I'm afraid.

If you're looking for a specific type of community (for eating disorder support), I'm sure we - as a group - can come up with some recommendations for you. BPDR is one of the more unique places on the internet in that we're very strongly focused on recovery. (It does seem like a fair portion of support groups online tend to center around BEING sick rather than working on getting better so finding communities for other disorders or issues that are comparable to BPDR may be a bit challenging.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm 

Ash wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure where you're seeing "part of the BPD board" but we don't have any sort of anorexia, eating disorder or other disorder boards. The boards here are part of the website - bpdrecovery.com - which is devoted entirely to Borderline Personality Disorder. Certainly, within here, there's a section (forum) for working on how we handle interpersonal relationships or working through anxiety or working through depression in general but there's not really a separate focus area for anything beyond what you see here, I'm afraid.

If you're looking for a specific type of community (for eating disorder support), I'm sure we - as a group - can come up with some recommendations for you. BPDR is one of the more unique places on the internet in that we're very strongly focused on recovery. (It does seem like a fair portion of support groups online tend to center around BEING sick rather than working on getting better so finding communities for other disorders or issues that are comparable to BPDR may be a bit challenging.)

I guess I was just really confused! I have looked at several support groups online recently...I must have mixed things up!

I would love suggestions on anorexia support groups that a re dedicated to recovery and healing! I think this board is fantastic in that regard! It's difficult for me to be around anorexics who don't want to recover as they can pull me back into the dis-ease! I'm still vulnerable in that way...

Thanks Ash! :) I'm glad I met you...and I'm glad I found others to share the journey towards health with!

love~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm 

I've heard good things about Something Fishy:
http://www.something-fishy.org/

I'm not a member though.

"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming." - Helen Keller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 am 

Lirael wrote:
I've heard good things about Something Fishy:
http://www.something-fishy.org/

I'm not a member though.

Thanks Lirael! I'm definitely going to check out this site! :-)