Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Determining where to post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:00 pm 

I have been going over this board for hours trying to figure things out and get information. The problem I have found is that everything is very specific. If you have this problem post here, if you have that problem post there. The issue I have is that there are many problems and it's difficult for me to separate them into categories. I have noticed "On the border" which I initially overlooked because i figured it was all non-BPD MI, but I guess that was an assumption I shouldn't have made. Basically I am looking for people to talk to. People I can share very general situations with. I'm thinking on the border might be the place now that I look more closely, but some guidance would be appreciated =D.

Post subject: Re: Determining where to post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Kuro,

You can post anywhere, really. On The Border (border ... borderline, get it? LOL) seems to be a good catch-all place for most things. The caveat there is that OTB can be read by the general public (the entirety of the internet including search engines.) Some folks get a little hinky about that, not wanting random strangers to be able to read what they've posted so there are other forums that require someone to have a registered account at BPDR in order to be able to read what's in there. When in doubt, Season Passes tends to be a close second to OTB - it focuses on relationships and requires a registered account to be able to read threads.

The forums in THE TOOLS section are generally focused on how to apply a particular tool to a specific situation. ("The other day I was so mad but I used my Five Steps and here's how it turned out" or "I'm trying to accept this situation but having a tough time, any advice?")

The forums in the PLAY section are just places to let off steam - play games, test your signature, share links, jokes, discuss current events in the news, etc.

Oh, the other thing is that many people will utilize the "VIEW NEW POSTS" link (upper right of the discussion board) which will just display all new posts put up since their last visit. They'll basically see a list of new posts from all of the forums in a single list without having to go forum-to-forum-to-forum to hunt for new posts. In that way, many people will see your thread without having to worry too much about where you might have posted it.

Does that help any?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:44 pm 

Thanks Ash, appreciate the advice. On the border seems like the place for me, I'm not too concerned with anonymity, from the general internet viewing public. Besides, I feel that if I can post my situations and people are brought here because of it then I've potentially helped someone going through what I'm going through, and that is a big motivating force for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Kuro, glad to hear it! I'm much the same way. I don't believe there can really be secrets. If it's posted on the internet, be prepared for it to be spread far and wide. And in this setting, that's a good thing - helping people far and wide!