Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: request to split a thread?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:39 pm 

Hope this is the right place for this, didn't know which CL to PM about it, since I've never asked before.

But could someone split out my thread on 20 common assumptions in BPD thinking starting at my post to Kuau

it's the one on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:47 am

I think the conversation goes into an interesting topic and would like to continue discussing the idea of unconditional love, especially since Jody and Ellen have weighed in with good points.

Also, as it's a sticky thread, I'd like to keep the original on track.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:57 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Done. I also moved it to Seasons Passes, as it seemed to involve relationships more than twistiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

i apologize for that. i was gonna ask to have it split, but i been too busy to think about it.

very sorry i got it off track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:20 am 

Jody, no need for appy-polly-logies (as Alex was fond of saying in the movie A Clockwork Orange). Any other thread besides a sticky I wouldn't have asked for the split - you know I like it when discussions meander and I'm hardly offended by hijacking. I just thought that it might be confusing for new members to wade through all the last part, since it seems like now and again newbies stumble upon it and bump it back up into the current active forum listing.

Plus, I really did think it was a good topic, and it's one I'm personally interested in bs'ing about, and so there was a definite need to split it since I can go on and on for PAGES!

Trinity, splitting it where you did worked really well, rather than where I had suggested. I missed the 2 previous posts to mine, MR's and Kuau's, and thus would have cut off the beginning of the discussion. Thanks for catching that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 am 
Community Member
Community Member

naw, i knew when i responded it was messing up the thread as a sticky. i meant to ask to have it split because of that but got busy and life interfered and i didnt do it.

i thought i should post how i felt rather than what i posted to kaua so i will add it here.

i feel ignored and im wasting my time posting my views on this and to you (k, not oceanheart), as you dont seem to read or hear them. its your right, and choice, make no mistake, but i feel its pointless to keep posting on it to you. one thing i really find i hate is posting to someone who consistently ignores me, and doing it in a sticky thread was a double stupid thing on my part. i just meant to be helpful, and i need to work on feeling bad when someone doesnt even listen or say thank you. that is a recurrent issue i have here...i feel not heard or seen when it happens.

i guess its a bad feeling to feel i have something to share or help and the person ignores it, i need to work on that. not taking things personally, yeah, yeah, i know, i know.

regardless, im done with this thread. i think its a great topic, tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:36 am 

Marn in that thread was a link following suggestion by mylife that it would be worth looking at dealing with those assumptions, one I would be quite interested in locating in the archives as the link is now broken. Have you any idea where the thread was, having sifted through archives for a few days I cant locate it. Or indeed does anyone else know how to get a search for it in archives I have tried many combinations but given that only a page of related topics comes up in each search and the next page says not posts or topics reach your criteria, I am a bit stuck.

I have spent a few hours looking, other than that would it be possible to reopen a similar thread for newer ones to work in, as it does seem to attract a fair bit of interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:44 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Posts in the archives have the same URL as they did before they were archived, just with "archive" instead of "www". The linked thread is here.

(edited once for clarity)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm 

Thanks SG