It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Today
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:51 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Tracy wrote:
Trinity

I don't mean to alarm you, but I wanted to point out the further your body goes into starvation mode the more tired/ lethargic and brain frazzled you are likely to feel. Your body lacking in carbs will feel drained. Your muscles will become weakened as you body starts to look for nutrients (protein) to feed other vital parts of your system. You organs desperate for nutrients will start to shut down to preserve all it can within your system. There is a name for this it's called starvation / famine response...could well be worth a look up and a read about. Check out what is really happening within your body. And ever so quickly.

I hear that you are feeling down and that working through this feels such a chore... I know that place well. But as smilin suggests now really is the time when self care if of the upmost importance. Think about the list of basics here sleeping, eating. Why are they listed in HALT???

It could be that you don't particularly feel hungry by now, depending on how long you have restricted your food intake for. So perhaps you could make a deal with yourself, even a plan for the day to help you feel in control of the intake and just allow your body to get the nutrients it needs for the day. You ultimately are in control of this Trinity.

Take Care

I did this in my 20's... I starved myself! And I was weak....

I see it now as being insanity. I listened to my ex who specifically Wanted to strip me of my self-esteem, and that ultimately pee'd me off that I fell for it. I think now that's why I am so adamant about not caring as much. It caused a reaction of, "Screw this! I'm not allowing anyone to manipulate my weight!" and "I'm not following what the media or anyone else thinks is hot!" At some point, the anger subsided, and I just saw a better reality... that it's about what I think looks good on me, and about how much I care about what I look like, if I want to follow certain models or not, and how much time I am willing to invest in doing so. And if bf doesn't agree, well, too bad. It's not as if he is doing all he can to satisfy my visual needs lol. Guys don't seem to be nearly as picky about their own looks or those of their SO's.

I like what I see in sf a lot. Girls don't worry about following models so much. They celebrate their natural bodies. You'll see a 160 lb. girl in a leather bra top, fishnets, and hotpants, and they look and feel great (and the guys think so too)! I also went out this weekend in a black tight dress, fishnets, heels, and a leather jacket, and I am telling ya', I am def not in the greatest shape, but I feel good about being dressed up. It's fun.

Glad you were able to work it out, Trinity! And hope you find that tight dress and show it off... :)

It's all about exuding confidence from within, I think. I see some women who are very happy with themselves in hotpants, regardless of how thin they are, and it shows. I haven't made it to that point yet... I'm more premadonna-ish right now. But I see it as a goal.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow. -- Robert H. Goddard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Also, I didn't mean to be a proponent of unhealthiness. I don't think people need to be obese or at an unhealthy weight on either side, for their own good. If 160 lbs. falls in the realm of health, I don't see why not.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow. -- Robert H. Goddard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad to see you feeling better, in a better place. Have FUN shopping! :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome back.
Everyone gets to have bad days, I even have to give myself permission once in awhile to NOT work the steps on every issue. A vacation so to speak. I'm not saying its OK for me to just be BPD, but as someone recently said in another post, It's just so exhausting working on my head all the time, I have to give myself a break. Not an excuse, but a break. Say my Mom pisses me off. I don't use my "vacation" as an excuse to yell and scream, but I do give myself a vacation from having to analisys WHY she pissed me off. But I have to limit it to 1 day. I can slip completely so easily.

All that said, Does it work for you to consentrate on eating correctly for a few days, and anaysing
after you get some calories in?(the cereal sounds like a good start to me) Or analysing without worrying about the diet? or do they need to happen together?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I understand what you mean about a "break." I took a two day, myself... :shysmile

I'm tracking my calories on Calorie King. I just have to make sure it doesn't become obsessive. I'm shooting for just under 1300 calories per day, which is pretty low, so if I go over by a bit, I can still lose weight. Also, I NEED TO GO BACK TO THE GYM. Sorry, had to yell at myself. I've done well in eating the past couple of days. Now, I have to work on the moving.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:51 am 

How are you doing Trinity? Did you find something nice to wear in the end?

Tracy formerly known as bogit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:01 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Yea, I hope so... I just hope you find a place where you are comfortable with your body, wherever that may be. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I did fine something nice that flattered my body. I must say I looked pretty good in it! :) Definitely gave my self-confidence a boost.