Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eating Disorders
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:32 am 

I am really having a hard time with my Eating disorder (ED) this wekend. I am really in a chaotic place in my head. I have decided to get back on track with a real diet and cut back on everything I eat. everything makes me feel nauseated anyway so i would be better off not eating much.

I can't do the purging thing because it will risk my surgery in the spring. i can't binge or purge or they won't do it on me. everything on tv today is about 'skinny america'. on every channel they are commenting on people (mostly women's) bodies and how great they look! if i could just drop 20 pounds i would feel free from this plateau i am on. i can maintain but cant' lose. its very depressing to me.

my H contacted my T last night and left a message I guess. figures. I am not mad though. me and my T do need to talk about ED though today when i go in. WEll i feel sick so I must go. Oh I have a stomach condition called gastroparesis so my stomach is very delayed in emptying and so i get nauseas after every meal...............just a side note and not that i am about to purge. i wish i could though.

Roo

Post subject: Re: Eating Disorders
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 am 

How did you get on with your T Roo?

I hear you on the "skinny models" (it's not confined to America) and all the comments on womens figures etc... There really is so much of that in society today. The medias spin on the "perfect woman" is so unrealistic for healthy people, that it is causing so many health and psychological problems. I don't know if you have ever seen this site before. Sure brings home reality. There are so many amazing looking celebs that are made to look "perfect" for photo shoots etc.... yet the snaps of them heading out to the gym or to drop the kids of at day care, show the reality, go google, there really are some awful pictures out there.

I hope you have you a balanced eating plan Roo and can take care of yourself ready for your upcoming surgery.

Tracy formerly known as bogit

Post subject: Re: Eating Disorders
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm 

Hi Tracy. Me and my t are doing fine. got back on track.

I do have a meal plan that I got from when i was in an eating disorder treatment program in the past. then my dietician and I have worked it out for me. the problem is that i skip my meals and snacks sometimes and dont get enough fluids in. i know this is risking me having the surgery...........my T said yesterday that this is an addiction that I have.......guess i never actually admitted that I have an addiction.

i hated treatment when i was in before and so I don't plan to ever go back. i am far far far from being anorexic and have not purged in 2 years but i still restrict and I still have thoughts of bingeing and purging. I feel really bad because of the space I am in. i try to be positive and stuff on here and I just am having a hard time right now.......

Roo