Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New, Lonely, and will take any BPD advice!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:46 pm 

Hi, I am new here.... I just needed to talk to people who understand BPD, and can relate with what I'm going through... Right now I am going through a divorce, and have moved in with my parents. I have been living here for about 3 months now. I was pretty stable for awhile, but am noticeing symptoms of my BPD more and more every day. I don't know what to do with my extreme emotions. I have even tried to take more antipsychotic, but that didn't work. I get my feelings hurt in a second, and then remain that way for days. I don't have any friends because of all of my behaviour. I am here now, and very lonely. I know I need help, but what?? My family gets upset with me whenever I have a "mood swing", and always seem disappointed in me. I am very tired. Just need a friend, and anyone with any advice....

Post subject: Re: New, Lonely, and will take any BPD advice!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome J-rhea. I'm glad you found this site.

One place to start would be to look at the Tools on the left-hand side of the page. They offer you ways you can modulate your feelings and thoughts.

Are you seeing a therapist? I find that having someone to talk to who is non-judgmental and can give me skills to deal with BPD has really helped. I dont' know if your insurance covers therapy, but if it doesn't, there are also clinics that take patients on a sliding-fee scale. I find therapy very important in my recovery.

There is also a treatment called DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) which teaches skills on how to deal with BPD. There is a Yahoo class on-line. Go to Yahoo Groups and look up "DBT Class." You can also look up DBT on the Internet to get an overview of what it is.

I hope this is a start for you. Take care...........

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: New, Lonely, and will take any BPD advice!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:52 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Wanted to say welcome as well! I can relate to the hurt feelings and loneliness. The Tools over to the left can help ease the intensity of the feelings.

Hope you find the help you need. :)