Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: patience is GONE
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

(((Cali))) more later, but it sounds like you needed the hug.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 pm 

((((((((((((((((calista))))))))))))) I feel the same way almost every day but i only have the 2 yr old. My son is very energetic and can go non stop if i let him. I don't get a breather all day unless i get him to nap but i usually fall asleep also and don't get done what needs to get done in the home. I so relate to not getting the help i need also, my H works 2 p/t jobs so first part of week he is gone all morning til 4:30, other half of week he works late afternoon til 1:30am. My son is a mommas boy will not let his dad do anything he freaks out and screams he laughs at my H when he tries to put him in a timeout. I feel like a hostage in my own home, he climbs into bed with us every night i tried putting him back in but he won't go back to sleep and since he has no sense of safety i have to be awake when he is, so it was either be up all night or let him sleep in our bed. We have a teacher who now comes in to help with the safety concerns and is working with him on trying to understand the dangers of some of the things he does. I can totally relate to the roommate thing with H, we pass each other as he comes and goes. I have no energy for him, not that i'd want sex anyway if he was home, If it was up to me there wouldn't ever even be talk about sex, I can and have lived without it..now to convince my H he can also lol...
I really hope you get some kind of break soon..we all need them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:04 am 

Hey Calista.

Hope your vent helped some in that moment. Sounds like some real crappy stress going on there. Also some good ole damn there is a woman in this body, she has needs too she's not just a mam!!!!

Some days those small cute people really dont feel so small and cute and more like the devil in disguise. Some times I just have so much else going on that whoa it feels over whelming and I would just love for children to be able to understand the whole concept of "Stop!!!! I just need a break right now!" unfortunately they seem to be programmed with an inbuilt response to such requests that says. Yay mum has sat down lets use her as a climbing frame. Or jump on her.

Ya know the whole time out concept? I know a number of times I have imposed it on myself. Taken myself into the bathrooom, shut the door behind me and sat behind it. Just to give me enough space to be able to gather myself together and go back in with the attitude of I can deal with this!!!!

How ya doing now?

I'm hoping the kids are well tucked up in bed by now and you have managed to pull some of your very finest self care tricks out of the bag. sounds like you could do with a good refuel.

Congrats on making it to the end of the day! Feels like no mean feat at times.

Tracy formerly known as bogit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:40 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I posted in Jody's thread about my experiences with my son. Yes, it will all pass.

Tracy, I used to lock myself in the bathroom sometimes too. I had to get away for a few minutes. One day when I did this, my son stood at the door and banged on it, yelling "Oppen this door!" He didn't say Open like we do, it was Oppen - pronounced like Hopping. Even though I went in there to get a breather, I had to laugh at what he said.

I remember thinking that things would be like this forever. When you're sleep-deprived your brain doesn't think straight. But of course things got better. I just had to tough it out. I used to say that if my son hadn't been so cute I would have given him back!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:54 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Calista, many of us have been there. I swear, my son was so colicky and never slept - and I did have the black-and-white thinking that it would last forever. Of course, when you're sleep-deprived, that doesn't help much either.

I'm glad you were able to get a sitter and go out. Parents need a break once in a while - there's nothing wrong with that. And letting him play alone is good too - it'll teach him a little "independence." It sounds like you're doing all the right things!!!!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)