Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rainbow re "patience is gone" thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:03 am 
Community Member
Community Member

you know i relate to you and the 2 yr old stuff. i just wanted to share this from my wisdom of my old age :) and not hijack the other thread.

yes, this time of their life is hectic. why? they are learning a tremendous amount. physical skills, language, self, independence, and all!

safety? mine has already tried to put the ferret in the heater twice. lol. and microwave all her toys.

but rainbow, this will pass. very soon, he will be a big boy and going to school. you will look back fondly, laughing at things, and thinking how sweet he was. yes, you really will. i promise you this.

its common for them to not sleep by themselves. to explore and get hurt. hopefully, not badly. mine has this urge to run into traffic for some reason. so we hold her hand...(ok, grab her wrist while she screams STOP IT at the top of her lungs) to go anywhere.

one day you will have grandkids. like me! one day you will tell him, oh, when you were 2 you did this and that and i thought for sure i would not survive! and he will laugh as his own 2 yr old is doing the same thing.

enjoy it, rainbow. the time passes so fast and they are grown up on ya and living their own lives. remind yourself this will pass soon. he wont always be a terror. you will watch him grow. he will be taller than you and saying mom....dont hug me in public!

ah....they grow up hon. i promise you, this will be over soon enough. right now he is discovering he is a person. he is excited about it. your house will keep, the dirt will go nowhere (lol) but he will. he will grow up when your back is turned. he wont need mommy much anymore quite soon enough.

enjoy him, rainbow. find humor in the damndest places, watch him sleep, and learn. you will look back and wish you did someday. :) jody

Post subject: Re: rainbow re "patience is gone" thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:36 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I had a friend who's husband traveled for work. So their 2-year-old son didn't see his daddy as often as he would have liked. So when the husband came home, the little boy would climb out of his crib and they would wake up in the morning, and almost trip over him because he was sleeping on the floor outside their bedroom door. It was quite dangerous because he was climbing out of his crib. So their pediatrician told them to close their door and not let him in. I don't know how safe that was. But of course he grew up and it passed.

Kids do all sorts of stuff. My son was colicky from the day I brought him home from the hospital. He screamed his head off 23 hours a day. He did not sleep very much. And even though I nursed him, he puked everything up. This went on for 6 months - I thought I would lose my mind!

He evened out after about one year old. He's now 30 and I miss those "baby days." I miss holding him and cuddling him and him snuggling his head into my neck. I guess we gotta take the good with the bad. I know this may not help you now in your day-to-day dealings, but it does pass and they mature and grow up.

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: rainbow re "patience is gone" thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

i miss em too but chasing my 2 yr old around today....i feel old! she was into everything. and trying herself at every turn.

this will pass....this will pass....lol....................