Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How Can I Tell If I'm Getting Psychotic?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I can see how CBT can help Wondering. My T doesn't say he specifically uses CBT. He's never mentioned it before. I'll have to wait and see what he says on Tuesday! Thanks!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:33 am 
Community Member
Community Member

The tools on the board are CBT. If they work, why do you have to ask your T? Just wondering if you feel you need your T's approval for everything related to mental health, and if so, why? I'm not criticizing, just observing. Also, you didn't want to make a drs. appointment without the suggestions from the board. Is needing others' approval before you make decisions something you've discussed a lot with your T? BTW, did you get the results of your test for a UTI? It seems like you feel better now, anyway. I'm glad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:42 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I'm not asking my T about the Tools, Wondering. I meant I need to talk to him about how I'm feeling.

I don't use the Tools here because I do DBT skills and I get too confused trying to do 2 things at one time. I know the Tools help many people here but I can only focus on one thing at a time. I should have been using them this week but I didnt' think of it.

It's not that I didn't want to make a doctor's appointment without the approval of the board. It's that I don't like running to the doctor every time I don't feel well. So I hesitated. And when you guys suggested it, I realized it would be a good option. I didn't hear from the doctor's office today. I still don't know if I have/had a UTI. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow morning, I'll call around lunchtime. I've been drinking cranberry juice which I know helps.

I don't feel I need other's approval for me to do things. Maybe it seems that I come across that way here, but that's not how I operate. As far as "needing my T's approval for everything related to mental health" - he is my T and I do discuss my mental health issues with him. That's what he's there for. I trust him. Again, it's not that I need his approval - it's more that he is the professional and he knows me and gives me his best opinions. Of course, it's still up to me whether I take his advice or not. I'm not a puppet. (lol)

I am feeling better physically - thanks! I'm not nauseous like I was a few days ago. Maybe whatever I had is now out of my system.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 am 
Community Member
Community Member

The doctor's nurse just called me - I do not have a UTI. That's good!

I saw my T this morning. He was real understanding. He said that because of my history, I am prone to feelings of derealization, depersonalization and dissociation. He said I have to remember that how I feel is not really how things are.

He also said he thinks the nausea was not physical but emotional. I was feeling bad about some things and my body just reacted in a physical way. He said I really did feel nauseous, but it was brought about my emotional issues and not physical ones.

He is ordering me a light box. He thinks it will help with my mood and with sleep. I still don't sleep the way I should be, so the box might help.

We talked about other things too. He said I should give myself a break. Not to judge myself when I feel depressed. That it's just the way my body/mind sometimes gets. I told him I get scared. He said that he remembers 2 years ago when I was hospitalized and that I am not the same way now as I was then.

I left a message with my H and asked him to call my T. I think they need to talk. My H gets upset with me when I get depressed. My T said my H needs to give me a break. So I'm hoping my T can explain things to my H.

I feel a bit better. I'm tired but maybe I'll take a nap later on. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:41 pm 

Glad you are feeling less nauseous and a little better in yourself.

Bg just a thought and hey this is a wild thought out of my head, I have no real foundation for this idea, but might be worth you checking out.

You said you are on Emsam.... I think that is an MAOI (I might be wrong)
I was thinking though I am pretty sure there can be contra-indications between Anasthetics and MAOIs..... just wondered if that was a possibility for you feeling physically unwell for a while?

Tracy formerly known as bogit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Tracy - I'll ask my T. EmSam is an MAO. I'm on a very low dose of EmSam, but you never know. I assumed everything would be okay since I gave my dentist a list of my meds. Also, my T knew I was having anesthesia, but perhaps he didn't think too much about it. But I'll ask him anyway. I have never had a bad reaction to ansesthia in my life - I do very well with it (I actually like anesthesia -hee hee).

I am still feeling weird - just not feeling well. My T thinks it's all emotional - he's probably right.

How was your holiday Tracy? Hope it was good for you and your kids!