Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How did your holiday go?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Christmas day is a hard one for me (and another billion or so westerners in this world I imagine). I spent half day with Mum and her new partner and the other half with Dad and his partner. Mum's partner was up at 4:30 and letting everyone know it by 5, and I was dying for a sleep in. It's my holiday afterall (he's retired). As soon as I arose he was at me with incessant conversation proving how interesting and knowledgeable he is, from the existence of God to the real fallout of the second WW, before I'd even wiped the sleep from my crusty overtired eyes. By Boxing Day morning I was in desperate need from some family time out. I got it and all was soon better.

My Dad let my bf and his 2 kids have his place for 4 days. He lives in a really nice beach town, directly across the road from the beach. I must say that spending 4 solid days with a 15 and a 13 year old was really quite a joy, including my first go on a waterslide in over 18 years! I felt very mature and proud to say I have certainly grown since my teens (this has often been in doubt). The holiday with M and his family was a complete success, despite my dad doing some really out of line stuff that had me quite emotional on the last day. Thus, once again, it's been proven to me that the insanest people in my life are not me. I have escaped that much. Whew!

Happy New Year everyone!

Post subject: Re: How did your holiday go?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sarah, it sounds like you navigated difficult waters just fine! jim