Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New T
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm 

My T was transfered to do intakes. Now I have to see a new T. I cannot trust and conide in another T because I am used to the one I have. But I cannot see him anymore because of this and I even talked to the Executive Director and he will not even budge with letting him see clients again this is with everyone not just me. Everyone in the clinic is angry and upset. So I thought about starting a petition to get my old T back. I even discussed this with him as he feels angry and upset because they transfered him, he has even talked to them and they will not budge. I'm so depressed and feel like I should go back to drinking and self medicating again. I've tried my hardest to not do that. I've felt at times I need to be in a hospital because of this. Does anyone have any ideas please help. I just am so scared to see this new T.

Post subject: Re: New T
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:00 pm 

You can even add me on my yahoo messenger name to talk to me which is invisible_dream_kitten. There is no personal info about me except that I live in ok. that is all. Hope I don't get banned for this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

i think its quite normal to be afraid of starting with a new T. its going back to square one, getting to know someone again. i think it takes time is all, give it plenty of time to get back in the swing of it all. take it slow. i bet the T understands your fear and expects it.

why the urge to punish yourself over this? something for you to think on.

sad to say, directors dont usually know much about what their directing when it comes to mental health.

i see no reason you would be banned for this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 pm 

Thank you jody I appreciate your help. I just feel that way because he has helped me so much. But maybe this is a way of him telling me that its time for me to go on my own. That he feels im well enough without saying so. This director wants to play hardball with me so we was thinking about starting a petition but I think I'm going to drop it and accept the fact that someday he will be back. But what is scaring me is the new T. She is a 60 year old woman and she might actually have some experience I don't know. I just hope all goes well when I meet her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

i hope all goes well, also. it takes time to adjust to a new T. for me, months, and i posted in deep blue that i must now lose her. figures.

i have yahoo also...i will add ya but right now im not on much. still and all, you can leave me offlines.

i grieved a lot when i lost my best T. she was about in her 70;s i guess...taught me so much. but life moves on, and change is scary. it happens tho..usually for a reason.

i wish you the best ((okwoman))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:39 am 
Community Member
Community Member

okwoman, give this new T a chance. Is this clinic the only place you can go to a T? If for some reason you don't click with her, are there other places you can go to see a T? I know where I live, I have many choices.

I personally don't believe a petition would do any good. Unfortunately, most clinics work as a business, and they have reasons for switching people around and giving them different responsibilities. So your focus should be on taking care of yourself. Try to be open with this new T and give her a chance. You never know, you might really like her. I hope it works out for you!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:23 pm 

okwoman30 wrote:
My T was transfered to do intakes. Now I have to see a new T. I cannot trust and conide in another T because I am used to the one I have. But I cannot see him anymore because of this and I even talked to the Executive Director and he will not even budge with letting him see clients again this is with everyone not just me. Everyone in the clinic is angry and upset. So I thought about starting a petition to get my old T back. I even discussed this with him as he feels angry and upset because they transfered him, he has even talked to them and they will not budge. I'm so depressed and feel like I should go back to drinking and self medicating again. I've tried my hardest to not do that. I've felt at times I need to be in a hospital because of this. Does anyone have any ideas please help. I just am so scared to see this new T.

I agree a petition would do no good, especially if your T was upset by the move & his preferences haven't been taken into consideration. However, it's also possible there are other reasons for the transfer you're not aware of, so judging the director isn't going to help you in this situation. It's normal to be upset with this change, especially when it sounds as if it was sudden & you didn't have time for a lot of closure. Hopefully you can discuss these concerns with the new T & see if you feel like you can work with her. Discussing these feelings gives you a concrete place to start, rather than having to randomly find something to talk about in those first few visits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:07 pm 

I'm giving this new T a chance but I don't think she knows BPD but my old T convinces me she does. My new T asked me if I had a crush on my old T? I simply told her NO that he was the T and I was the client nothing more. This hurt me to think she would think something like that. Yeah my old T may be good looking and all but it was just T/client relationship. But I got good news he is giving me 6 months to be stable with this new T. He told me if I was stable for that 6 months that he would take over being my T again. He says I can be stable for 6 months that he knows I can. Well I am going to prove to him I can be stable. Does anyone think that is a bargain and take that deal up or should I just let it go?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Sounds like, no matter WHAT happens at the end of it, that six months of stability is the real prize.
What would you have to gain by NOT being stable for six months?

Each T is different - that's for sure!
Instead of focusing on why the new T isn't your old T and how awful that is, could you look at it as a chance to explore new directions, get a different perspective?

I had to leave my old T last summer because of financial restrictions. I found someone else who said she could take me on "just to get me through". It was easy to think about how she wasn't like my old T, but I began to appreciate that difference and now she is "my real T". She has a different treatment focus, and we're getting into some things that my old T never was interested in. It may be very different, but it's also very good because, after several years with the same person, I get to learn some new ideas and skills.

I don't know that it matters whether your new T "knows BPD". If you have questions, why don't you ask her about her credentials? "BPD" is really a name for a cluster of symptoms. I'm sure you've seen me post before that diagnosis is a voodoo science...What matters is our willingness to work and learn and share honestly in our treatment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 pm 

Your right minx. I am telling myself that the new T isn't that bad. She is a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, but so was my old T but she is giving me homework and has me come back every other week and tell her the tools I learned and which ones I used. Plus my old T he taught me a lot of skills as well. But I want to stay stable because it will make me feel good about myself and I just may grow to like this new female T even better than my male T. And in 6 months I may be well or close to well that I may not need therapy anymore. I have to work hard at it and that is what I'm going to do. It is time for me to buckle down and get ready to fight this battle. Thanks guys for being here for me I know there is going to be some ups and downs but please just bare with me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:33 pm 

6 months is the real prize because it will be something that I have accomplished on my own. And plus I will feel good about myself knowing I can be stable. Who knows I may not even want to go back to the old T then.