Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: my score for aspergers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:02 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

well, 2 things i am exploring are under debate. CPTSD isnt catergorized either. aspergers is still under change. pdrs really dont have any idea what to do with most illnesses, as such they are under a umbrella of symptoms.

i asked my T like, Ns and some aspies will show the same tendencies. she said why it was diff is the underlying cause, not the behavior. since no one knows how the brain works anyways, you have immediate issues with the whole thing.

i have read bpd goes in degress or "types". some think narcissism is a extreme form of bpd. some dont. the fun thing about psychiatrists is none agree on much of anything or the reasons.

im glad you shared your views. i see what i wrote and why back then i was pretty ignorant about the whole deal and what i said. i went illogical in the post you copied,. from what i wanted to what another did and compared them.

im quite open on i dont have some of the more typical aspie traits. i love touch. i am not particularly quiet on subjects that interest me. things like that. the more i learn and talk to aspies, the more i change my beliefs about it.

its ALL under debate, dear H. because we pay x amount of money to one psychologist and he says oh, your aspergers! or oh, your bipolar! does that make him right? nope. it means should you have the money, and i have taken my daughter to more drs than i knew existed, every one disagrees. we took what we feel fit her the best, found certain meds make her better, and came to the conclusion we did. same with me. same with anyone.

my H has myasthenia gravis. no test showed it. but the med given him fixed his eyes. thus..he has MG.

aspergers is too new, too unstudied, to say for sure much of anything. people are beginning to see kids mostly who dont fit in well in school. years ago they discovered learning disabilities. now its this. constantly changing and learning. why does my son write things backward yet have a iq of 144.? no idea. he just compensates for it.

i do value your views and i am glad you shared. this is a very new field, as i discovered when i began searching.

what struck me, besides the scores on the tests, is the guy on the board who knows so much about this. i went there to discuss my H, and thru my posting he suggested i test myself because he could hear it in my type. i had no thought about it at all to begin with. same with bpd..lol. as i search about him, i discover things about myself. i was completely shocked until i thought about it. suddenly, it fit.

i can not believe i lumped aspergers so badly in that post. hangs head***. ouch. all aspies are not alike at all. how ignorant i was then.

((wondering)) yeah, you had to be over 32 to be aspie. sorry! lol.

if someone at the counseling place feels sorry enough for me, maybe they will test me for free. even then, its just their word using the same tests as is online anyways.

Post subject: Re: my score for aspergers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:37 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for your reply Jody. I appreciate you hearing me out. We'll just have to have different opinions on some of this stuff. :D

I do wish you luck and all kinds of well wishes along this journey!

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra