Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:25 am 

Just introducing myself -- username is podjoe--I got this "name" when I was trying to register with ebay--everything I submitted kept getting rejected so my son said Daddy's getting "p..o'd" Hence the name podjoe. Have been in therapy for almost 6 years and about 6 months ago she just mentioned I might be "borderline". Didn't really sink in until about two months ago after watching several episodes of discovery i.d. (a crime show) about borderline personalities committing horrible crimes --I typed in Borderline personality on my new laptop --and there I was. Suddenly everything fit. The five notebooks of poems--made sense.Went out and bought 3 books -"Get me out of here"---Stop walking on eggshells--and a clinical book on the topic--and I thought well now I know what the problem is --the rest will be easy Right?? Wrong!!! But I'm very mindfull of it and trying very hard to overcome the rollercoaster , I wanna ride the merry -go- round -grab that brass ring if you know what I mean. Joe

Post subject: Re: new member
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi Joe and welcome. I like your username -- I never have figured out e-bay, and found myself getting quite p.o.'d the few times I tried, so I can relate.

And yeah, the sense of "oh, lord, that's me" when first reading about BPD can be quite startling. I know it was for me. But then again, it gave me a framework for understanding *why* I thought and felt a lot of things, and so I had more specific things I could work on in therapy rather than just "I'm miserable and I suck."

So settle in and get comfortable, and check out our "tools" in the box on the left, which a lot of us have found very useful. Glad you found us!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm 
Retired SCL
Retired SCL

Welcome aboard, PodJoe!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 pm 

Welcome, PodJoe, I'm Terrabus. It's always good to see another man on here because we men are certainly outnumber, but in a good way, I suppose.

There's a lot of good folks here and good wisdom.