Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anger and heart disease
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've been listening to the Today Show this morning. They just did a great story on the link (in men, but I think it applies to women too) on the connection between anger, anxiety and heart health.

I thought I'd share because for me, it just gives me more motivation to stop these feelings or deal with them in a healthier way.

I can't find the actual stuff I saw on there just a bit ago (may not have had time to post it on their web site), but here is what I found on their site. I think it's an Associated Press article, but it links emotions and health, which is what I found interesting. I'm a big believer in the mind-body connection. Here is another great, more in-depth article from WebMD that also gives ways to calm the anger.

I think most of us know the connections, but reading this stuff about them and having this in the forefront of my mind really helps me in that moment of initial anger choose to deal in a more constructive way.

Just thought I would share! :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

Post subject: Re: Anger and heart disease
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I haven't read your links yet, but I don't doubt the connection at all. And there is also a link between depression and heart disease, which makes sense if you consider depression as "anger turned inward" -- I think there's more to depression than that, but anger is certainly part of it in a lot of cases.