Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coping Better Than I Thought!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:11 pm 

So, it's been a little over a month since I last posted or even read posts (sorry guys) but I'm happy to report I'm doing okay. I recently went through a VERY rough break up (for both of us) and have been plugging along through it reasonably well. I was in contact with my ex this week, and we met up for a coffee to talk. He started at me again and became verbally abusive, BUT instead of retaliating to his harsh words and actions, I kept my cool and talked myself through it. He called me names, told me I wasn't worth anything, and I never let it get to me. I mean really get to me. It bothered me for a bit, but I got back in my zone and told myself I WAS worth a lot. I told myself that I'm a caring person who NEVER feels good for hurting anybody in anyway, and that I deserve better. I know that's the type of thing we are suppose to do, but this time I actually FELT it. Normally I say it because I know I'm suppose to, but this time, I felt the things I said to myself.
I know I'm still such a long way to recovering, but feel so proud of myself (which that is rare too) I just had to share. It's far too often that I post only bad things, just wanted to put it out there that I'm doing alright and coping so well!!!! Not trying to toot my own horn, but it feels good not feeling bad. LMAO, obviously. It's just that the one thing I was notorious for was lashing out during a fight and getting lost in the attack and defense scenario. I can't believe I did this well without being on here daily to vent, without calling a friend and venting, and without assistance. I'm so happy, but trying not to get too excited........ Oooopppsss! I think I'm already too excited. lol.
Hope everyone else is doing well and if not, share! It's so nice having a site like this where I can just put what I'm feeling into words without ever thinking someone will judge me for it. Thanks to everyone who uses this site, sometimes it was the only place I could turn (and still maybe should things get rough again-trying to stay positive though).

Many many many hugs!!!!

Post subject: Re: Coping Better Than I Thought!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:37 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow Keeks, inspiring. :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

I highly commend you for setting a goal and finding the key to reaching that goal within yourself. Hearing the good that comes of all this-- that's just fabulous! I'm so proud of you!!! When it 'clicks' like that, when you FEEL it-- it's golden and there's no going back. At least for me, from the first time you REALLY FEEL it through and through.....well, it leaves an impression. A good one.

FANTASTIC!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

:disco :groove :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :disco :groove

It's good to 'see' you on the board in general. I'm moving into my first house tomorrow, so things have been absolutely batty around here-- in a good way. I haven't had much time to post on the board lately, but I read almost every day. This place is good for me. I hope to 'see' you again soon!

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

Post subject: Re: Coping Better Than I Thought!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 pm 

That's so awesome! Your first house! Like you own it own it? You're bringing your hubby right? lol I'm so happy for this board. I'm so happy in general right now!! Still some crappy financial stuff I'm dealing with, but I don't feel as if it's the "end all" of everything like I use to. Bums me out sometimes more than I should let it, but I always snap out of it at some point or another, and never behave as I use to behave. I was just reading through some other people's posts, and others seem to be doing well too. I'm not sure if it's just all this wicked vitamin D we're getting from the sun or what, but I'm glad nevertheless for us all! Savour this summer everyone and remember it when you're feeling blue. Everything runs full circle and if you've been happy once, you'll be happy again (provided you keep on plugging through!!!).

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

Keeks