Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tell me your Story on BPD - to help others
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hi sufferers

I have had BPD, social Anxiety & Depression since I was 18 (am 35 now) and am still suffering but with the help of meds and a great family. My dad suffers from Bipolar Disorder aswell. Please read below if you would like to help other sufferers of the disorder........

Even though there are heaps of resources out there for BPD that point to the clinical & medical reasons etc for the disorder, there is hardly anything out there on peoples REAL LIFE experiences other than Blogs. So I am going to write a book on my life experiences of BPD and also I am calling for the help of other sufferers to tell me their experiences on how they have dealt with this disorder and how and what resources and life challenges they have taken to overcome it through their lives- I want to hear the Highs & the Lows , the good the bad and the ugly.

This book will be aimed at people that have just been diagnosed with the disorder and want to know what good things they can look forward to in life and also current sufferers looking for an answer on how to help themselves. It will also be a resource for People that have loved ones with the disorder.

Its all good to read the psychologists theories and ideas etc but they haven't actually had the disorder and really don't know what it is like to suffer first hand.

So please if you suffer from BPD or know of someone or you live or love someone with BPD and have a story (good and/or bad) to tell please PM me and I will talk more to you about it. You would not be required to write anything but only to either record yourself talking about it or I will interview you over the phone at my cost and the conversation will be recorded.

So please help with this worthy book and contact me as I am collecting peoples stories now and hope to have it out Before December 09.

It doesn't matter what country you are from but as long as you can speak English - I am an Australian and English is my one language - Thank you and be healthy!!

Rachel (AKA Mrs Milo)

Mrs Milo

Post subject: Re: Tell me your Story on BPD - to help others
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:03 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Mrs Milo,

Conversation corner is a forum for one on one discussions. There is another thread about BPD research on the On the Border forum, so I am moving it there.

Your book sounds interesting. I've often thought of doing something like that myself.

Sarah

Post subject: Re: Tell me your Story on BPD - to help others
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I have removed the other six identical threads. Please do not spam the community, even for a worthwhile endeavor. Thanks and good luck with your project!