Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Really crabby...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

So my "situational depression" rolls on...And rolls over into something even less pleasant.
I am CRANKY!!!!!
I mean really, really bitchy and whiny and snappy. I hate it. I can feel it, I can hear it but I don't seem to be able to stop it at this point.

The drama engine keeps chugging, too. We were getting ready for our first Thanksgiving in our new house, and I got sick. Nasty stomach bug that kept me in the bathroom all night Wednesday and put a stranglehold on most of the food preparation on Thursday.
Thursday night, I got a call that my mom is in the hospital. She was diagnosed this fall with endometrial cancer and had a hysterectomy the first week of November. She's had some kind of intestinal blockage for "she doesn't remember how long"...it's not unusual for my mom to ignore the illnesses of herself or others...rrrrrrr...So we head up to my folks' place on Friday.
Got back last night after a six hour drive in the dark and the rain. Mom still in the hospital and the doctors have no idea what's causing the problem.
I heard this horrible beeping this morning. It was awful and I couldn't figure out what it was until Jon came in and shook me awake - it was the alarm clock.
Damn.

I'm snapping at everyone. I'm easily annoyed and I have no tolerance for frustration. I hate it when I feel this way.
If I had any more sick days, I'd take one - just to keep me away from as many people as possible.

Post subject: Re: Really crabby...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am 

(((Minx))) sounds like you need a day off to sleep and have some alone time!
I think you have some valid reasons to be feeling pretty cranky right now...
So sorry to hear your Mom is sick - hope she feels better soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I'm glad I don't sound like a complete bitch...
There HAS been a lot going on. I had been looking forward to the holiday weekend as a chance to lounge and rest and catch up on "me" time. Noooooo...We've got the boys this weekend, so not a lot of quiet alone time coming up either. Jon's good about letting me get away for a while, but "away for a while" and "quiet alone time" aren't quite the same thing.

What do I want to do?
Sleep sounds great. I sleep well enough at night, but I feel like I've been running a deficit for most of the year.

My mom is home from the hospital. They don't know what caused the intestinal blockage, but it seems to be better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:42 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital. And I agree with Chai that it seems with all on your plate atm, being grumpy is pretty normal and valid.

Sometimes to me it seems that life just keeps throwing one thing after another at me just to watch me fall down, ya know? But.....the more I learn to just breathe and just be, the more I can 'flow' with the punches, the easier it seems for me to cope. And looking back on things so far.....I've gotten up every time (many times much to my surprise!). You will too.

Here's to wishing you time to be you. Time to recharge. Time to flow. Strength to get back up on your solid ground. I wish you gratefulness for what you do have, and patience with what you don't.

(((Minx)))

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 am 

Hey Minx -
Happy to hear that Mom is out of the hospital!
Too bad you don't have any sick time left because you sound like you need a good "mental health day" to stay home, relax, lounge around in your PJs all day, catch up on sleep... Maybe Jon can take the boys out for a day this weekend and you can stay home and relax? Do you all celebrate Christmas? Maybe he can take them shopping or pick out the tree? That would give you a few hours to yourself at least!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:28 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stress, anxiety, overload. Yep, you sound like you've reached your capacity.

On top of some time out, I'd strongly suggest some exercise. Always good for the seratonin production I find.